Sign in to follow this  
Rod House

Why Can't I Put Less Than 2 Hours Of Video (from Eyetv) On A 4.7gb Disc?

Question

Sorry for the Newby question, I searched but found nothing.

I'm trying to make a DVD w/Titanium 7.1.3 on an Intel Core2Duo iMAC. I clicked Toast button in EyeTV & put 1HR&44MIN of video into toast window. I get error message: "not enough free space" , "2600164 are needed, 4.96 GB are available." How do I get +/- 2 HRs of video on a 4.7GB DVD-R disk?? Am I asking too much?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rod House

3 answers to this question

That message doesn't make any sense. Do you have adequate free space on your hard drive? If the message mentioned "disk" then it is hard drive space and if it mentions "disc" it is optical disc space. You can relocate your Converted Items folder to a different hard drive using Toast preferences.

Also, make sure Never re-encode is selected in the Toast custom encoder settings window when using Eye-TV sources.

Tsantee,

SORRY! That's disc NOT disk!

I went back and checked Never under Reencoding, it was automatic (THANK YOU for the correct EyeTV Setting), however it still gives me the same message.

Am I correct that I should be able to put two hours of EyeTV video on a single DVD-R? Does Toast 8 compress video more than Toast 7?

Thanks again, any ideas would be appreciated.

Rod House

PS: Just read your reply to CINEMA LEXZICON.... Seems to fit my situation. I'm attempting saving as disc image, and will use copy to access FIT_to-DVD. This should solve my problem.... should have asked, in original question, how to access that feature! I'm learning. I'm still wondering about upgrading to Toast 8. What would I gain from that?

Thanks Again,

Rod House

Edited by Rod House

IT WORKED. Problem solved. All I need to do now is see if the resulting DVD plays in my DVD player....

Thank you very much,

Rod House