• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drag To Disc Ejection

Hibees

Question

I am running creator 9 and I recently wanted to copy a data disc from drive D to my Plextor drive E. I used 'Drag to Disc' and all was fine. When the copying is finished and I try to eject the disc from Drive E I get a window with a couple of options.

How would you like drag to disc to prepare this disc for future use?

1. Leave the disc open: To use the disc on this computer or on another computer with compatible drag to disc versions

2. Close the disc: Prepare the disc to be used without drag to disc.

Now because I want to pass the copied disc to others who do not have Drag to disc on their pc's I ticked the second option. After a couple of seconds I get the following error message:

Failed to prepare media for CD Rom or DVD Rom compatibility! Then when I give the disc to anyone else they are presented with what appears to them a blank disc.

What is causing the error message and can I correct the problem so I can make discs usable by others?

11 answers to this question

Why not just use Disc Copier and copy from D: to E:?Forget about Drag to Disc.You'll end up with a Data disc that should be able to be read anywhere.

Thanks for your reply I have tried that too but both my d and E drives are labelled as drag to disc drives and whenever I copy anything there the disc takes on a UDF 2.0 format. This then cannot be read by others.

Try this.Go to Start,Run adn when the box comes up type in msconfig.

When this box comes up go to the Startup tab and remove the check box next to Drag to Disc.This will stop it from starting at boot.

You'll need to reboot.After reboot put a check in the box in the lower left of the box that pops up.

Drag to Disc shouldn't be loaded.Now try using Disc Copier.

You really should get away from using Drag to Disc.It's not a very reliable format for anything except temporary storage for moving files.

In fact unless you have a bunch of discs you need Drag to Disc for I'd just uninstall it.

If you don't really use it then yes,uninstall it.There should be an entry under Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.

You can use Creator Classic to make data discs.You can even leave them open and create multiple sessions on them if you need to add data later.

If you had the Drag to Disc icon load in the tray when you started your machine then there should be an item in the Startup tab of msconfig.I can't remember exactly what it's name is but it could be D2D.exe or DragtoDisc.exe.

Thanks for all your help. I deleted the D2D using add/remove programs and all is fine now. Actually I didn't have D2D in my system tray either.

Now as you say I can use creator classic or just 'send to' my waiting drive.

All seems to be ok though and the resultant copies can be read on my laptop and therefore on many other pc's.

So thanks once again for your advice and help.......brilliant!

Thanks for all your help. I deleted the D2D using add/remove programs and all is fine now. Actually I didn't have D2D in my system tray either.

Now as you say I can use creator classic or just 'send to' my waiting drive.

All seems to be ok though and the resultant copies can be read on my laptop and therefore on many other pc's.

So thanks once again for your advice and help.......brilliant!

If you use the 'send to" you are using the built in CD burning that is in your O/S, (which is fine) not Roxio.

Archived