• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Aspect Ratio In Mydvd 10

herbrudlph

Question

I am building a slideshow with 3 movies. Movies one (60 images) asked for choice of aspect ratio in "Slideshow Assistant"and since all images are cropped to 16:10 in Picasa, I chose 16:9' Worked fine-images show as clean wide screen in Preview. Movies two (160 images) and three (100 images), did not present Slide show assistant and, being unable to choose aspect ratio, all these show with black bars in Preview. How do I fix? What did I miss?

3 answers to this question

I suggest that you start in Videowave, File menu, new production, select 16:9. Then buiild your slide shows in that. Videowave has many transition styles that you can use, more flexible than using slideshow assistant.

If you want a menu with the three slide shows showing as separate titles, create each slide show separately in Videowave in 16.9 aspect ratio, iin each case output as, save in suitable format. Then in My DVD add the three saved files to a 16:9 menu.

When using EMC8, I was directed to start a slideshow in MYDVD and when nearly done, I was inveted with a single click to go to VideoWave to complete editing. Now, in EMC 10, when describing a task as slideshow, I am directed to MYDVD where only the first movie offers me SlideShow Assistant and 16:9 option. I went thru to burn and never was offered VideoWave.

As I understand it, yhou are suggesting that I start in VideoWave and finish in MYDVD with the transfer achieved by saving each of three movies as a VideoWave production and adding these, one at a time, to the MYDVD production and then build a new menu.

Before I start this "do over", I must ask if there is a way to save some of the work I have in these productions and just correct the aspect ratio? Now, while awaiting a reply on this, I will start the search for why movies 2 and 3 don't have pan and zoom (I see the pan and zoom editor on the panel deals with only that panel)!

Without the help of you good folks, i would probably have given up by now and just sent everybody a set of WalMart photos.

I know that the user guide suggests using MyDVD from the start, but most experienced users use Videowave to create/edit movie/slide shows because one has greater control and more options, and use My DVD as the last step,to create the menus and burn to disc.

Sorry, but you will need to start over with the right aspect ratio.

I suggest that you start in Videowave, File menu, new production, select 16:9. Then buiild your slide shows in that. Videowave has many transition styles that you can use, more flexible than using slideshow assistant.

If you want a menu with the three slide shows showing as separate titles, create each slide show separately in Videowave in 16.9 aspect ratio, iin each case output as, save in suitable format. Then in My DVD add the three saved files to a 16:9 menu.

Archived