• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Iso Image Type Not Available

pdole

Question

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't get to the ISO file type when trying to copy a video CD to an image file?

I'm using EMC 7.5, disc copier

I have a Super Video CD project that I have already burned to CD. This CD was tested and it works great.

I want to create an image copy of that CD.

I try to use disc copier, advanced options, destination|disc image -- but when I click on the "Save as" (vs. burn) icon, I go to the "file type" pulldown menu and the only options I have are "Roxio Disc Image (*.c2)" and "BIN/CUE Disc Image (*.cue)".

What I want is "ISO image (*.iso)", but it is not available in the pulldown menu.

Does anyone know why this happens? Using Roxann or the FAQ, all I get is an example that shows ISO as a valid option.

Pat

1 answer to this question

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't get to the ISO file type when trying to copy a video CD to an image file?

I'm using EMC 7.5, disc copier

I have a Super Video CD project that I have already burned to CD. This CD was tested and it works great.

I want to create an image copy of that CD.

I try to use disc copier, advanced options, destination|disc image -- but when I click on the "Save as" (vs. burn) icon, I go to the "file type" pulldown menu and the only options I have are "Roxio Disc Image (*.c2)" and "BIN/CUE Disc Image (*.cue)".

What I want is "ISO image (*.iso)", but it is not available in the pulldown menu.

Does anyone know why this happens? Using Roxann or the FAQ, all I get is an example that shows ISO as a valid option.

Pat

The Disc Copier Help system states:

Note: Some kinds of discs cannot be saved as ISO disc image files, in which case the ISO Disc Images option will not be available.

DiscCopier gives the extension c2d or cue to a the disc image of a SVCD.

Archived