• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

NightSkyTours

Timeline Marker Keeps Dropping Back To Last Split Marker

Question

:huh:

In Videowave10 (Build 100B44B ENU)

While editing a video track, I've noticed the following behaviour:

I play the video until I reach an area I would like to cut out.

I click pause the video, select the Split tool, and the split marker is placed.

The timeline marker has moved all the way back to the beginning of the video (or the last split).

How can I make the timeline marker stay put, at the current split mark?

The process of clicking on the time track to bring the timeline marker forward to where I just placed the split, is VERY time consuming. Every time I place a new split marker, the timeline pointer is reset to the beginning or the last split I made.

Or is there another easier way to remove pieces from the video.

What I like to do is watch the video, and as I reach a point (start and ending) I mark it with a Split, then continue onward, until all the splits are marked. Then I go back, click on each split section, and remove them from the video time line.

Thanks.

Gil

Edited by NightSkyTours

8 answers to this question

Guest ml

Splitting the video as you do is the way I find most efficient.

Unfortunately, the timeline marker does go back to the beginning of the clip and it is MOST ANNOYING.

EDIT......

Found another way to delete the parts you don't want.

In the Timeline view...... find where you want to delete a part of the video. Now look under the Storyline and you'll see a - and a + sign and a red X. Click on the + sign and that will put a marker on the storyline.

Now find where you want to end the deletion. Put another marker there. Now click underneath the two markers and a red line should appear. Now go to the left and click on the red X.

That will delete the part you don't want and create a new scene.

Edited by ml

In the Timeline view...... find where you want to delete a part of the video. Now look under the Storyline and you'll see a - and a + sign and a red X. Click on the + sign and that will put a marker on the storyline.

Now find where you want to end the deletion. Put another marker there. Now click underneath the two markers and a red line should appear. Now go to the left and click on the red X.

That will delete the part you don't want and create a new scene.

I've used that before, but was not sure about the "X" delete use. Can I mark multiple start and ends, throughout my timeline, without losing the previously created mark?

I'm trying to efficiently mark a number of removal sections in the timeline, then go back and do the actual removal all at once.

Many thanks for your help.

I hate the timeline-backslide thingy, when I down to the wire on a video I need for Presentation tomorrow!

Gil

Guest ml

I had to test this because tonight was the first time I'd noticed that feature in EMC 10. ( I haven't been using version 10 very long. )

You can continue to add markers as often as you want throughout the presentation.

Now you still have to click the area between those markers and then click the red X in order to get split the video and delete those portions of the video. But you can do them all at once.

Once you've added your first marker, you can right click on that track and add or delete markers.

Pretty cool. There are instructions on how to use 'markers' in the VideoWave Help Center\ Index and search for 'markers'.

Thank you!

Just now that I did them all with the Split tool, the hard way... This will come in handy for the next three presentations I have to prepare. I'll definitely take a read in help, on 'markers'.

Thanks again.

Gil

Guest ml
Thank you!

Just now that I did them all with the Split tool, the hard way... This will come in handy for the next three presentations I have to prepare. I'll definitely take a read in help, on 'markers'.

Gil

You're welcome!

Thank you for your question. If I hadn't been experimenting to answer your question, I would never have found the 'markers' feature. Now I'll be able to edit faster too. :)

I prefer to call these 'edit' markers because they can do several things. You can use them to delete sections (like commercials).

or

You can also use them to mark places you want to edit later in a long project. That's what the < > arrows are for. :) Jumps to the next marker forward or reverse.

or

These SAME markers can also be used to mark chapters or scenes when the Videowave production file (.dmsm) is added to MyDVD. When you 'Edit Chapters' in MyDVD, these markers will automatically be translated into chapter marks.

:huh:

In Videowave10 (Build 100B44B ENU)

While editing a video track, I've noticed the following behaviour:

I play the video until I reach an area I would like to cut out.

I click pause the video, select the Split tool, and the split marker is placed.

The timeline marker has moved all the way back to the beginning of the video (or the last split).

How can I make the timeline marker stay put, at the current split mark?

The process of clicking on the time track to bring the timeline marker forward to where I just placed the split, is VERY time consuming. Every time I place a new split marker, the timeline pointer is reset to the beginning or the last split I made.

Or is there another easier way to remove pieces from the video.

What I like to do is watch the video, and as I reach a point (start and ending) I mark it with a Split, then continue onward, until all the splits are marked. Then I go back, click on each split section, and remove them from the video time line.

Thanks.

Gil

If you do have a lot of editing to do then, you might also want to consider adding only those scenes that you want to the production. Read this as a blend of VideoWave editing and CineMagic.

I prefer to call these 'edit' markers because they can do several things. You can use them to delete sections (like commercials).

or

You can also use them to mark places you want to edit later in a long project. That's what the < > arrows are for. :) Jumps to the next marker forward or reverse.

or

These SAME markers can also be used to mark chapters or scenes when the Videowave production file (.dmsm) is added to MyDVD. When you 'Edit Chapters' in MyDVD, these markers will automatically be translated into chapter marks.

Yes in EMC 9 but not in EMC 10. See the last part of the link below.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=31528