• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sony Bluray Burner Bwu-200s

Don K

Question

Hi all, I am currently using the latest Avid Media Composer product, creating a QuickTime Ref file of a 1080_59.94 project QT 7.3 installed, and importing it into DVD Pro HD (6.3)

I am using the new Sony BWU-200s burner and am getting errors just before the burns starts. It seems to transcode ok, but spits an error going to disc.

I have used the older BWU 100 with not too many issues other than requiring firmare updaters but this new drive...

Anyone else using this drive with success?

I cannot find newer firmware than what it has now, and in using the cheap Cyber software that comes with it, it burns an HD wmf no problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Don

3 answers to this question

I updated the Windows XP with all of the latest patches.

If I now burn a volume to the internal, then burn to disc it seems to work.

To answer your question, which I will also test again, is that it would throw the error when I burn to disc. The transcode works fine.

Now that I have completed this, there is a significant quality gain (espesially in colour banding) when I use Pro HD vs. the Cyberlink/wmf version.

Other than it currently requiring a 2 step process, I am off to the races. I will post again if the one step works or not.

Thanks Tom

Don

Ok, I think I see the problem.

If I was to insert a brand new BD-RE disc and attempt a burn, either from volume or disc, I get a sense key error.

To get around this, I launch the supplied CyberLink BD solution software that came with the burner. In the Utilities section I "Erase" the disc. This must put some sort of header info on the disc. Now when I go into Pro HD, it will burn.

Hope this helps

Don

Archived