Videowave-edit From Internal To Timeline

Shawn Stockford

Question

After a rough start with EMC 10, this forum has been great in getting me situated with the errors and other issues. I believe my new complaint is a programming oversight.

When I am on panel 86 (or simular higher number panel) and editing in the "internal" mode, when I click "done" to return to "timeline" mode, it always returns to panel 1. I have scroll forever backout to where I was on panel 86 to work on the next panel. It would be great if it stayed on the panel I was working on in "internal" mode.

Just a thought for the next update. As well as for anyone else who reads this, use this forum as a great resource. There are a few members who obviously spend a lot of time to help the rest of us. I hope there spouses realize how much we appreciate it, as they must get some grief from being on the computer all the time.

14 answers to this question

After a rough start with EMC 10, this forum has been great in getting me situated with the errors and other issues. I believe my new complaint is a programming oversight.

When I am on panel 86 (or simular higher number panel) and editing in the "internal" mode, when I click "done" to return to "timeline" mode, it always returns to panel 1. I have scroll forever backout to where I was on panel 86 to work on the next panel. It would be great if it stayed on the panel I was working on in "internal" mode.

Just a thought for the next update. As well as for anyone else who reads this, use this forum as a great resource. There are a few members who obviously spend a lot of time to help the rest of us. I hope there spouses realize how much we appreciate it, as they must get some grief from being on the computer all the time.

I can't recreate the problem. Mine stays at the panel I am working on. What editing are you doing on the internal track?

I can't recreate the problem. Mine stays at the panel I am working on. What editing are you doing on the internal track?

I can recreate it.

You find the spot you want to 'split'. Either right click and select 'split' or use the icon on the storyline.

The blue selection bar jumps back to the beginning of the scene you just 'split'

I agree. It's most annoying, but I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

I can recreate it.

You find the spot you want to 'split'. Either right click and select 'split' or use the icon on the storyline.

The blue selection bar jumps back to the beginning of the scene you just 'split'

Ml, Shawn is saying it jumps back all the way to the first frame of the project. I am waiting for her/him to come back and explain what he/she was doing on the internal track.

Ml, Shawn is saying it jumps back all the way to the first frame of the project. I am waiting for her/him to come back and explain what he/she was doing on the internal track

Hmmm.... you're right as usual.

I can recreate it.

ml,

I think you were trying to respond to this post

I can also recreate this problem and find it most annoying. It may well be by design just like there some other weird program behaviours by so-called "design"

ml,

I think you were trying to respond to this post

I can also recreate this problem and find it most annoying. It may well be by design just like there some other weird program behaviours by so-called "design"

Now that's most embarassing...... :blink:

I can duplicate your problem but only when I work from the timeline. If you switch to the Storyline, select a Panel (i did panel 3 as well as high numbers) and then switch to the internal track for some editing (effect/overlay/text), after returning to the main editor via Done, the panel stays selected. Either a bug or very poor design especially since the Timeline and Storyline do not behave in the way even though you are doing the same actions.

Thanks for all your input. Let me further explain. I can be on panel number 33 (whatever) in the Storyline mode. I can switch to timeline mode. It will jump right to panel 33. I can select Internal edit. I can do whatever I want to, add text, add overlays, etc. When I click done, and it returns to Timeline mode, the time bar will stay on panel 33, but in the viewing window, it starts back at panel 1. I then scroll out to panel 33 where the time bar is still selected on panel 33. It is just a nusance. Generally, I am working on panels in the same area. So, most of the time, when I am done with panel 33, I am ready to work on panel 34 next. My problem is, the production I am working on will end up with over 100 panels. Most panels are 10-20 seconds long, so it is difficult to scale out the time view and still be able to visually distinguish the different panels in timeview. I could switch back over to storyline view, but I am maxing my computers capabilities out at the moment and I feel that I could read a short book in the time it takes to switch back and forth.

Thanks,

Thanks for all your input. Let me further explain. I can be on panel number 33 (whatever) in the Storyline mode. I can switch to timeline mode. It will jump right to panel 33. I can select Internal edit. I can do whatever I want to, add text, add overlays, etc. When I click done, and it returns to Timeline mode, the time bar will stay on panel 33, but in the viewing window, it starts back at panel 1. I then scroll out to panel 33 where the time bar is still selected on panel 33. It is just a nusance. Generally, I am working on panels in the same area. So, most of the time, when I am done with panel 33, I am ready to work on panel 34 next. My problem is, the production I am working on will end up with over 100 panels. Most panels are 10-20 seconds long, so it is difficult to scale out the time view and still be able to visually distinguish the different panels in timeview. I could switch back over to storyline view, but I am maxing my computers capabilities out at the moment and I feel that I could read a short book in the time it takes to switch back and forth.

Thanks,

I cannot replicate the problem. When I press 'Done' the preview panel displays the panel that I just edited.

What version of EMC 10 do you have? Did it come with your computer, did you download it, or purchase in a box?

Thanks,

Why don't you stay in the SToryline view? You can do the same editing on the internal track from there and there is no jumping once you finish editing a panel

I cannot replicate the problem. When I press 'Done' the preview panel displays the panel that I just edited.

What version of EMC 10 do you have? Did it come with your computer, did you download it, or purchase in a box?

Have you tried it from the Timeline view? That is where it jumps for me also not in the SToryline view.

Maybe this can help. I noticed the same thing when I started working with VW. What I noticed, however, is that it does appear to snap back to panel 1, but in reality the blue scroll line is still where you left it on the clip you were working on. Just click on the Play button or the Next Frame button under the preview window to jump right back to the panel in which you were editing.

I am using EMC 10 (build 100b44d enu). I purchased it via download from Roxio. I thought going to internal tracks edit from the storyline mode, but I don't get all the options. It just "grays" out the storyline board and lets me do a few edits. I don't get to add extra overlay tracks, or add multiple overlays and control their timing of fade in and out within the panel.

Maybe this can help. I noticed the same thing when I started working with VW. What I noticed, however, is that it does appear to snap back to panel 1, but in reality the blue scroll line is still where you left it on the clip you were working on. Just click on the Play button or the Next Frame button under the preview window to jump right back to the panel in which you were editing.

Thanks Karri, actually my behaves the same way. I just never paid attention to where the cursor was. Odd behaviour :blink:

Archived