Formatting Photos

LeeWilliams

Question

..Need to know what to do to burn photos..organize...etc.etc...

I have Easy Media Creator 7.0.....Have Windows XP Home Ed with IE 7.0 installed. Unable to preview photos while trying to use the format tools for Data Cd's....Also What is the preferred way to store photos on CD? I have been using CD-RW because of the re-writable capability.... But I am reading where this is not necessarily the best way to go. Is there a better way to go than Easy Media Creator 7.0....(without spending another $70.00 to upg ro 10.0?)..................One more thing for anyone to answer..... Is there anyway to name or sort photos in any kind of order that is simple and easy?.......If I use the Creator Classic and just place them in there, they seem to move around when downloaded to CD....

All help would be very much appreciated.

Lee... ;)

9 answers to this question

.. ..... Is there anyway to name or sort photos in any kind of order that is simple and easy?.......

Lee... ;)

I tend to store my photos by name and then date.... year, month day_picture number. Like GRADUATION 2007 05 31_001 ..... GRADUATION 2007 05 31_002. ( stores up to 999 pictures in that numbering scheme.)

Although you could switch it around and store by date, then event.

That way, if you sort in Windows by name, they self sort by event date and not the date that you imported them into the computer.

You might want to start reading the answers in the threads that you already started, instead of starting another two threads with the same question!!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Try reading the information you were given in this thread. If you don't follow the suggestion given earlier, then the software isn't going to work for you. I have no clue why you can't comprehend that.

Possibly because my questions were not addressed. I did not get on the forum to get smart... answers .. I am really looking for any kind of help that can give me some direction. I do not want to completely uninstall my system to make something run that I paid for. I would hope that there might be some alternatives out there.....

1. Is there something I can use in place of Easy Media that will give me formatting capabllities, or is there something I can do to correct the preview problem I am having with Creator Classic?

2. I am also looking for a way to number photos so I can keep them in order.

3. I have been trying to read the previous "threads" and not been able to see much help, sorry If I seem to be taking up too much space and wasting your time.

Lee :(:unsure::mellow: :

:blink: You're going to have to be a little more precise about the problems you're having....

1. If you have WinXP, that has built in CD writing capabilities.

Also, you have INTERNET EXPLORER 7 installed and IT BREAKS EMC 7. YOU NEED TO UNINSTALL IT. (See my thread above.)

For the preview problem, you should be able to open a folder in Windows Explorer and choose Display Thumbnails to see the pictures. Then you will know what pictures to add in Creator Classic.

2. Not to be smart, but did you possibly read my answer about naming and numbering photos? It's pretty simple. You need to name them alphabetically or numerically. You name them in Windows by right clicking on them and selecting 'rename.' Picture A will appear before picture B, etc. Picture 1000 will appear before Picture 1001 automatically in Windows and on your CD.

3. I'm sorry if we don't seem to give much help, but we need a little help from you. Can you tell us what you've tried and what won't work? We can't see what's happening on your computer. You're going to have to explain it to us.

:D

If there is any way to Preview photos before formatting them and adding to CDs I would be happy to know about it. I EASY MEDIA CREATOR 7.1 and it is not working properly with Windows Explorer 7.0 (Windows XP) What media should I be using to save photos on and is there some other easier way to do it? What are my options? Do I have to upgrade eo EMC 10.0 or is there some other way I can go about it that is less troublesome?.....

Sorry to be such a pain, but I am new to the forum and having difficulty getting back and forth to all you more advanced users........

Lee Williams

If there is any way to Preview photos before formatting them and adding to CDs I would be happy to know about it. I EASY MEDIA CREATOR 7.1 and it is not working properly with Windows Explorer 7.0 (Windows XP) What media should I be using to save photos on and is there some other easier way to do it? What are my options? Do I have to upgrade eo EMC 10.0 or is there some other way I can go about it that is less troublesome?.....

Sorry to be such a pain, but I am new to the forum and having difficulty getting back and forth to all you more advanced users........

Lee Williams

You might want to start reading the answers in the threads that you already started, instead of starting another two threads with the same question!!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Try reading the information you were given in this thread. If you don't follow the suggestion given earlier, then the software isn't going to work for you. I have no clue why you can't comprehend that.

Possibly because my questions were not addressed. I did not get on the forum to get smart... answers .. I am really looking for any kind of help that can give me some direction. I do not want to completely uninstall my system to make something run that I paid for. I would hope that there might be some alternatives out there.....

1. Is there something I can use in place of Easy Media that will give me formatting capabllities, or is there something I can do to correct the preview problem I am having with Creator Classic?

2. I am also looking for a way to number photos so I can keep them in order.

3. I have been trying to read the previous "threads" and not been able to see much help, sorry If I seem to be taking up too much space and wasting your time.

Lee :(:unsure::mellow:

See posts 2, 7, and 9. You are being helped. You don't have to completely reformat your system.

Lee Williams

Uninstall Internet Explorer using the information in the links here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162. Make certain that you turn of Windows Automatic Updates or it will download IE 7 again. Then restart your computer and EMC 7.1 should work again.

You can preview photos in Windows by choosing to display them as thumbnails in Window Explorer.

..Need to know what to do to burn photos..organize...etc.etc...

I have Easy Media Creator 7.0.....Have Windows XP Home Ed with IE 7.0 installed. Unable to preview photos while trying to use the format tools for Data Cd's....Also What is the preferred way to store photos on CD? I have been using CD-RW because of the re-writable capability.... But I am reading where this is not necessarily the best way to go. Is there a better way to go than Easy Media Creator 7.0....(without spending another $70.00 to upg ro 10.0?)..................One more thing for anyone to answer..... Is there anyway to name or sort photos in any kind of order that is simple and easy?.......If I use the Creator Classic and just place them in there, they seem to move around when downloaded to CD....

All help would be very much appreciated.

Lee... ;)

Really no need to start a new thread. Roll back IE 7 to IE 6, and if you have Windows Media Player 11, roll it back to WMP 10 or WMP 9.

Archived