Program Stops Or Will Not Start Without Internet Connection

kanlatss81

Question

Mydvd9 studio will not start up without an internet connection. It starts and runs fine when connected to the internet. The popup screen, without an internet connection, says that the program has stopped and windows is trying to find out why. I have tried contacting customer support but their responses are not adequate. I have tried disabling the internet sections in the program so it would not try to access the internet to no avail.

I just bought a new XPS laptop from Dell that had a version of this software already installed. I uninstalled it and reloaded the full version that I bought a few weeks ago. I am running Windows Vista OS. Any ideas to fix this?? I am going on a trip latter this week to a place that will not have an internet connection available and I still would like to run this software offline. Thanks for any help!!!!!

3 answers to this question

Mydvd9 studio will not start up without an internet connection. It starts and runs fine when connected to the internet. The popup screen, without an internet connection, says that the program has stopped and windows is trying to find out why. I have tried contacting customer support but their responses are not adequate. I have tried disabling the internet sections in the program so it would not try to access the internet to no avail.

I just bought a new XPS laptop from Dell that had a version of this software already installed. I uninstalled it and reloaded the full version that I bought a few weeks ago. I am running Windows Vista OS. Any ideas to fix this?? I am going on a trip latter this week to a place that will not have an internet connection available and I still would like to run this software offline. Thanks for any help!!!!!

You have an OEM version of the software, and Dell's version is the only one that requires that you be connected to the internet. You need to contact them, as the retail version, sold by Roxio, doesn't make you connect.

You have an OEM version of the software, and Dell's version is the only one that requires that you be connected to the internet. You need to contact them, as the retail version, sold by Roxio, doesn't make you connect.

Why, did they give it to Dell, loaded with some tracking spyware?

cd

Archived