Help With Capture

anewlearner

Question

6 answers to this question

I should add to the last input I have since purchased EMC 10 its this that the Adaptec capture device can not work with

First, you did not buy the MyDVD, it came free with the capture device.

Finalize the disc and copy the folders to your hard drive. Use the VOB files in the folders in VideoWave to edit your production. I assume that is what you want to do rather than anything else.

Read the instructions for the camera concerning the need to finalize the disc before you take it out of the camera. Also make sure you are recording in movie mode rather than anything else.

Which camera is it?

First, you did not buy the MyDVD, it came free with the capture device.

Finalize the disc and copy the folders to your hard drive. Use the VOB files in the folders in VideoWave to edit your production. I assume that is what you want to do rather than anything else.

Read the instructions for the camera concerning the need to finalize the disc before you take it out of the camera. Also make sure you are recording in movie mode rather than anything else.

Which camera is it?

Steve,

The camcorder captures to an internal hard drive..... no DVDs to put into the computer.

* Edit *

I've been on the Panasonic website and it appears that the camcorder comes with software to capture the video.

There are also very specific instructions on how to capture the video and I suggest that you go by the instructions in the manual.

It also appears that the camcorder's Hard Disk Drive will be recognized as another hard disk drive in Windows which may mean that you can just copy the files to your computer's hard drive.

What I don't know is what type of file the video is stored in. If it's a type that VideoWave can recognize, then you should be able to use the files in VideoWave.

If you'd let us know what you find out, we'd appreciate knowing so that we can help others in the future.

Thanks

Steve,

The camcorder captures to an internal hard drive..... no DVDs to put into the computer.

Sorry, I read disc.

In that case, plug your camera into your computer and it should be identified as an external hard drive just like any USB device. You can copy the videos to your hard drive and work from there.

ml, do you have one of those? Perhaps you can help better since I don't have one.

Darn Panasonc site. I get a 404 error everytime I try to get some information on their camcorders both with IE 7 and Firefox. Perhaps it was designed by Invision. :angry:

ml, do you have one of those? Perhaps you can help better since I don't have one.

Darn Panasonc site. I get a 404 error everytime I try to get some information on their camcorders both with IE 7 and Firefox. Perhaps it was designed by Invision. :angry:

No, I don't. The technology is too new for me. I'll let others work out the 'bugs'.

I did get through to the website and the instructions are VERY SPECIFIC for capturing the video. I don't want to risk this person losing their video, so they need to read the manual.

Hopefully, the files will be in a form recognized by MyDVD ( not VideoWave as I said earlier.)

No, I don't. The technology is too new for me. I'll let others work out the 'bugs'.

I did get through to the website and the instructions are VERY SPECIFIC for capturing the video. I don't want to risk this person losing their video, so they need to read the manual.

Hopefully, the files will be in a form recognized by MyDVD ( not VideoWave as I said earlier.)

I agree, I was able to scan through the manual. I'm guessing at the model. Instructions start on page 82. Image Mixer 3 (Pixela) comes with the camera. I'm sure that I have read posts about that program so if the OP wants to do a search, there will be plenty of information on these boards.

It sound like if you have the software installed and you plug in the camera, the hard drive download to the computer's hard drive automatically. The videos should be mpg2 files so Video Wave will work with them (again from a quick scan of the manual).

Bottom line, no need to use that Adaptec device with that camera.

Archived