Mydvd 9 Basic Problem

ebolaz

Question

I bought an HP Pavilion a6244n desktop PC a couple of months ago. It runs on Vista. It came with Roxio Creator 9 Basic and MyDVD9 Basic pre-installed. However, MyDVD9 has stopped working. It is greyed out on the "Start toolbar". Roxio Creator 9 Basic still works.

When I click on MyDVD9, I get the following message:

"Video Wave 9 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and will notify you if a solution is available."

Then, it goes through the process of searching for a solution (I guess) but fails to find anything.

Do you folks know what's going on? Thanks for the help!

The info from the Roxio About box are:

Roxio Creator Basic v9 Version 9.1.064

Roxio core v3.4.0

Roxio creator tools v3.4.0

Roxio creator data v3.4.0

Roxio creator copy v3.4.0

Roxio creator audio v3.4.0

5 answers to this question

I bought an HP Pavilion a6244n desktop PC a couple of months ago. It runs on Vista. It came with Roxio Creator 9 Basic and MyDVD9 Basic pre-installed

Sorry, most folks here run a bought retail Roxio version. Your basic OEM, are watered down versions, different from retail. Have you tried HP? There are registry cleaners that have broke Roxio EMC 9 and 10, have you run any around the time it stopped working?

cd

Sorry, most folks here run a bought retail Roxio version. Your basic OEM, are watered down versions, different from retail. Have you tried HP? There are registry cleaners that have broke Roxio EMC 9 and 10, have you run any around the time it stopped working?

cd

Thanks for the quick responses. Since I am using a basic OEM, does that mean that Grandpabruce's suggestion does not apply? Have not tried HP. I will give them a call. What is a registry cleaner?

Thanks for the quick responses. Since I am using a basic OEM, does that mean that Grandpabruce's suggestion does not apply? Have not tried HP. I will give them a call. What is a registry cleaner?

Norton, McAfee, Microsoft, a boat load of others! If you don't know what they are you probably haven't ran any. If you try GPB suggestion, do you have the OEM Roxio/HP software on a install disc to re-install it?

cd

Norton, McAfee, Microsoft, a boat load of others! If you don't know what they are you probably haven't ran any. If you try GPB suggestion, do you have the OEM Roxio/HP software on a install disc to re-install it?

cd

I have not looked at GPB's link. But no, I do not have an install disc. I am almost inclined to give up on this pre-installed program and get a legit suite.

Archived