• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Endless Frustration Trying To Create A Simple Slideshow

mcat0

Question

I have struggled for almost three days trying to get EMC 10 to create a simple slide show with VideoWave and MYDVD. When it's not refusing to display photos, it ends with a runtime error. When I've tried to burn numerous times, I get the same message: 8004520c Error while Encoding Movie 1. I have defragged, and changed the video rendering as suggested. It won't even save as an iso image. My computer is fairly new (XP SP2 - Asus P5B-VM 1.8 Core Duo) with plenty of RAM. I am wondering if this dog was ever seriously beta tested before it was released to an unsuspecting public. This would qualify as a poster boy for a Lemon Law or an ad for Raid. Sorry - it stinks. :angry2:

6 answers to this question

My video card is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 integrated (G965 chipset) which is part of the Asus motherboard. I disagree with your comment that "The fact that you have a new computer means nothing". Are you suggesting an older computer with old drivers, etc. would solve the problem? I doubt it. Your claim of success with EMC10 is certainly challenged by the multitude of users' problems (runtime errors, crashes, hangs, and other major issues) posted on various discussion groups. One could assume that some serious coding issues were not addressed and/or adequately tested before EMC10 was released. I invite you to read the user comments posted after Pcmag's glowing review of EMC10.

My video card is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 integrated (G965 chipset) which is part of the Asus motherboard. I disagree with your comment that "The fact that you have a new computer means nothing". Are you suggesting an older computer with old drivers, etc. would solve the problem? I doubt it. Your claim of success with EMC10 is certainly challenged by the multitude of users' problems (runtime errors, crashes, hangs, and other major issues) posted on various discussion groups. One could assume that some serious coding issues were not addressed and/or adequately tested before EMC10 was released. I invite you to read the user comments posted after Pcmag's glowing review of EMC10.

What most people don't understand about working with pictures and video is that the programs rely heavily on the video card. You have to have one that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements of the software.

These are the minimum requirements for the software from the website:

Minimum System Requirements:

1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card

DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card and graphics card

Sorry, but Walt is right. You can have a new computer, but there may be something on the new computer that may be causing a conflict. It can be something as simple as a process running in the background, when the computer boots up, or a poorly maintained computer.

I have struggled for almost three days trying to get EMC 10 to create a simple slide show with VideoWave and MYDVD. When it's not refusing to display photos, it ends with a runtime error. When I've tried to burn numerous times, I get the same message: 8004520c Error while Encoding Movie 1. I have defragged, and changed the video rendering as suggested. It won't even save as an iso image. My computer is fairly new (XP SP2 - Asus P5B-VM 1.8 Core Duo) with plenty of RAM. I am wondering if this dog was ever seriously beta tested before it was released to an unsuspecting public. This would qualify as a poster boy for a Lemon Law or an ad for Raid. Sorry - it stinks. :angry2:

What video card do you have in your system? Have you updated the drivers for it?

While in Videowave, Output to a video file such as mpeg2 or avi. That might tell you if there is a problem with some of the photos, effects, transition,etc.

Also as suggested in another post there may be problems with your video card or drivers. Have you tried to switch to software rendering if its currently set for hardware rendering?

I have a 6 year old computer with on-board graphics and I have no problems running any of the EMC 10 programs. SO I definitely disagree with the last part of you post. The fact that you have a new computer means nothing

Success! well, sort of. I managed to eliminate the persistent runtime error problem by trying many of the suggestions posted. However when I went to burn the file, I received the message "project exceeds media capacity" which was ludicrous because I was trying to burn a 1+ GB slideshow onto a 4.7 GB DVD disk. After I convinced MyDVD it would fit, there was an error encoding the menu and the program halted. I did managed to convert it to an mpg file, not by using the Videowave icons but by the pull down file menu. Because of the constant menu encoding error (80004003), it refused to burn using MyDVD. I booted up Nero 8 loaded in the mpg file, and finally had my DVD slideshow.

As an owner of EMC9, (which worked ok most of the time) I would say that EMC10 was a waste of time and money. If you have EMC9 and it's working, stick with it. I'm removing EMC10 and reinstalling EMC9.

Archived