• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Lock The Drive

babu_kpm

>In my machine I have installed Roxio Drag-to-Disc 6.1.1.40. The machine is Win XP with SP2. My application needs to lock the drive when writing to media from my application.

Prior to installing Roxio, my application used xpBurn component to write to CD and win32 API DeviceIoControl to lock the media drive.

However after installing Roxio I am unable to lock the media drive from my application. The Roxio seems to take precedence over the win32 API DeviceIoControl.

Kindly let me know if there is a workaround to lock the media drive when Roxio is installed.

>In my machine I have installed Roxio Drag-to-Disc 6.1.1.40. The machine is Win XP with SP2. My application needs to lock the drive when writing to media from my application.

Prior to installing Roxio, my application used xpBurn component to write to CD and win32 API DeviceIoControl to lock the media drive.

However after installing Roxio I am unable to lock the media drive from my application. The Roxio seems to take precedence over the win32 API DeviceIoControl.

Kindly let me know if there is a workaround to lock the media drive when Roxio is installed.

Remove the formatted disc from your drive. Carefully place it somewhere else, such as in the trashcan.

Insert a BLANK blank, directly out of the package or off the spindle. DO NOT FORMAT. Your selected application should now work.

You might want to also go into add/remove, and do a selective remove of Drag2Disc.

Lynn

I need help on how to lock the Drive. when writing process strated do not allow to eject media.

Any command available in Roxio.

If you don't intend to use D2D, go to Add/Remove Programs and Modify the Roxio install. You can remove the D2D component.

If you want to use it sometimes but don't want it running at startup, use msconfig – Startup tab to disable D2D from starting. You can still start it manually and turn it off by right clicking the icon in the systray and selecting Exit.

My application writing data on cd. That time user press eject button, recorder tray ejected.

so my application throw exception.

I wants suggestion for do not eject the recorder tray(lock the drive).

if writing process completed i will release the lock.

In my machine i have installed Roxio D2D.

Any command available for lock the recorder?

Thanks

My application writing data on cd. That time user press eject button, recorder tray ejected.

so my application throw exception.

I wants suggestion for do not eject the recorder tray(lock the drive).

if writing process completed i will release the lock.

In my machine i have installed Roxio D2D.

Any command available for lock the recorder?

Thanks

There is no such thing as "command available for lock the recorder".

From what I can understand from your writing, the program you want to use worked prior to installation of Roxio Version 6 Drag2Disc. Since then, it does not work the way it used to.

If that is a correct understanding, then apparently Drag2Disc is causing the problem.

If so, it is causing the problem in one of two ways:

(1) you have formatted a disc and placed the formatted disc in the drive

(2) even tho you don't have a formatted disc in the drive, Drag2Disc thinks you want to use it instead of the program you want to use.

If (1), remove the formatted disc, throw it away, and NEVER format a CD or DVD if you want to KEEP the data.

If (2), uninstall Drag2Disc. See James Hardin's post for how to uninstall it.

If this doesn't answer the question, get a technically compentent friend who can help explain these answers.

Lynn

Archived