• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"blank Disc" Ejects After Burning Process

xPandaPopx

Question

Hello, and thank you in advance for helping me out! I'm not that computer savvy, so bear with me....

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista Home Premium (which runs EMC9). Every time I go to burn an MP3 disc, the burning process seems to go smoothly. The disc ejects like it should. But when I put it back into the computer, it says there is a blank disc. Sometimes, the disc itself looks like it is burned properly, and others it looks like a blank disc, so I can't seem to find the issue. I tried doing it on WMP, iTunes, and then Roxio. I discovered that EMC9 won't let you burn songs with Japanese characters (or most anything except alpha-numeric) so then I went and retitled my songs. The process actually started and appeared to go smoothly. The same problem occured, however, with the disc ejecting "blank." The disc doesn't work on any CD players, and the computer says it has all free space. I also tried burning western tracks, in case the music tags were the issue, but still, the same thing occurs.

My CD Drive reads other burnt CDs just fine that I had used to transfer files from my old computer to this one.

I'm using HP discs, but I've also used an Optimum disc that I borrowed from a neighbor in case that was the issue, and the same thing happens.

I don't know if this is related, but I did get an Windows error message saying something to the effect of "Wrong Volume" when I inserted the disc today, but this usually does not occur.

Thanks for any suggestions that may be offered. I want to try to fix this myself (if I can) before going to Dell with it....

2 answers to this question

First off what application in the suite did you use to make the disc?

An mp3 disc is just a data disc with mp3 files on it.

If you made the disc using Music Disc Creator then the disc should have been automatically closed when it was created.If all you did was put mp3 files on a data disc then the box under burn options that says "Read only disc" needs to be checked.

One other thing is do not under any circumstances format the disc you are trying to use.

First off what application in the suite did you use to make the disc?

An mp3 disc is just a data disc with mp3 files on it.

If you made the disc using Music Disc Creator then the disc should have been automatically closed when it was created.If all you did was put mp3 files on a data disc then the box under burn options that says "Read only disc" needs to be checked.

One other thing is do not under any circumstances format the disc you are trying to use.

Just to make sure I did it, I used the Music Disc Creator, and I got the same result as before. I'm trying using the data disc way, because I haven't tried burning like that since I wanted the audio CD.

[Edit]: Alright, I tried burning a data disc with mp3s on it, but when I put it back into the computer, it locked up the file browsing windows, as well as the Roxio software. I waited nearly 5 minutes for a disc that I burnt one file to to load and it didn't. Everything went back to normal by just ejecting the disc.

Archived