• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Install The Product

Pepper Kay

Question

Hi All:

I just purchased MyDVD9 at Office Depot and I can not install it.

I get almost all the way through to being complete when I get a message box that tells me to: 'Insert Disk' ... which disk ?? ... I've tried taking the Program disk out of the drive and putting it back in - no luck ...

I've tried putting the Content disk in the drive - no luck ...

What's the problem ?? ...

I have plenty of RAM, plenty of space available - have nothing that conflicts the best I can determine ...

Any help or suggestions are certainly appreciated ...

Office Depot has replaced the product twice, so I am now working on my 3rd, brand new copy of the program and to date, with absolutely no success ...

Thanks,

Pepper

7 answers to this question

OK - as of right now - the CD player now reads and plays disks ... the DVD burner does nothing ... however, when I put a disk in the CD-ROM, I get an error message (4 times) that the 'Sonic CinePlayer Decoder Pack' can't be installed because it can't be found ... say what ?? ... then, I get the options box and when I select Windows Media Player, the disk starts right up and plays perfectly ...

When I go to burn something, the Sonic RECORD NOW program says it can not find a drive with which to burn to ...

At one point this afternoon, MY COMPUTER showed neither drive ... then it did, but one was named '75012_34X-(F), the other 'CD-ROM- drive ... I checked and the one with numbers is the CD-ROM drive - the one now called CD-ROM is actually the DVD burner ...

When I just checked, they're called: DVD-RAM (E) and DVD Drive (F) ... ?? ...

When you suggested 'deleteing' these drives - I looked in Device Manager and the only option is to 'uninstall' ... is that what you're referring to ?? ... or, do I use the DEL key as HP wanted me to do tinkering in the registery the other night ?? ...

Again, many thanks for your time and trouble,

pepper

Yes, Uninstall is what I meant. Did you do that?

Try this. Make a temporary folder on your hard drive, and copy the contents of the Program disc, to that folder. Take the DVD out of your hard drive, go to that folder, and click on the setup.exe file, and try installing that way.

Hi Bruce:

I did as you suggested and the program loaded and installed perfectly just a few moments ago ...

Now, to see if it works ... back to you with results later this morning ...

Thanks again,

Pepper

Hi Bruce:

I did as you suggested and the program loaded and installed perfectly just a few moments ago ...

Now, to see if it works ... back to you with results later this morning ...

Thanks again,

Pepper

Hi Bruce:

First time I tried to run the program, I received an error message, which of course, i forgot to write down ...

Long story short - now, both my DVD burner and CD-ROM drive are inoperative ... even the shortcuts on the desktop say 'device is deleted or uninstalled' ...

I check Device Manager and see both drives with the (dreaded) yellow exclamation point next to them ...

I contacted HP Live Tech, and because the tech person did not speak American English, I never was able to get across to s/he what the situation was ... s/he kept telling me to go to a link, download a program, click it to open and it would run and 'solve the problem' ...

I did so, but all that happened was a Notepad window opened with a lot of information in it - no way to click it - no way to make it work - no way to do nuthin' ...

So, here I am ... have this new program that not only does not work, but it has made both my drives disappear into the ether ...

HP's website did give me some information that's provided some insight into the problems - in brief, some recording suites conflict with others previously installed, thereby creating problems of such ilk ...

This computer came with RECORD NOW pre-installed, so I'm presuming there's an apparent conflict and all that I'm left with is a shiny installation disk, a program booklet and no way to use the drives for any function - can't burn - can't copy to - can't even play music or a video ...

Suggestions ?? ...

Thanks,

pepper

Hi All:

I just purchased MyDVD9 at Office Depot and I can not install it.

I get almost all the way through to being complete when I get a message box that tells me to: 'Insert Disk' ... which disk ?? ... I've tried taking the Program disk out of the drive and putting it back in - no luck ...

I've tried putting the Content disk in the drive - no luck ...

What's the problem ?? ...

I have plenty of RAM, plenty of space available - have nothing that conflicts the best I can determine ...

Any help or suggestions are certainly appreciated ...

Office Depot has replaced the product twice, so I am now working on my 3rd, brand new copy of the program and to date, with absolutely no success ...

Thanks,

Pepper

Try this. Make a temporary folder on your hard drive, and copy the contents of the Program disc, to that folder. Take the DVD out of your hard drive, go to that folder, and click on the setup.exe file, and try installing that way.

Hi Bruce:

First time I tried to run the program, I received an error message, which of course, i forgot to write down ...

Long story short - now, both my DVD burner and CD-ROM drive are inoperative ... even the shortcuts on the desktop say 'device is deleted or uninstalled' ...

I check Device Manager and see both drives with the (dreaded) yellow exclamation point next to them ...

I contacted HP Live Tech, and because the tech person did not speak American English, I never was able to get across to s/he what the situation was ... s/he kept telling me to go to a link, download a program, click it to open and it would run and 'solve the problem' ...

I did so, but all that happened was a Notepad window opened with a lot of information in it - no way to click it - no way to make it work - no way to do nuthin' ...

So, here I am ... have this new program that not only does not work, but it has made both my drives disappear into the ether ...

HP's website did give me some information that's provided some insight into the problems - in brief, some recording suites conflict with others previously installed, thereby creating problems of such ilk ...

This computer came with RECORD NOW pre-installed, so I'm presuming there's an apparent conflict and all that I'm left with is a shiny installation disk, a program booklet and no way to use the drives for any function - can't burn - can't copy to - can't even play music or a video ...

Suggestions ?? ...

Thanks,

pepper

Go into Device Manager, delete both of those DVD drives, reboot, and see if they come back.

Go into Device Manager, delete both of those DVD drives, reboot, and see if they come back.

OK - as of right now - the CD player now reads and plays disks ... the DVD burner does nothing ... however, when I put a disk in the CD-ROM, I get an error message (4 times) that the 'Sonic CinePlayer Decoder Pack' can't be installed because it can't be found ... say what ?? ... then, I get the options box and when I select Windows Media Player, the disk starts right up and plays perfectly ...

When I go to burn something, the Sonic RECORD NOW program says it can not find a drive with which to burn to ...

At one point this afternoon, MY COMPUTER showed neither drive ... then it did, but one was named '75012_34X-(F), the other 'CD-ROM- drive ... I checked and the one with numbers is the CD-ROM drive - the one now called CD-ROM is actually the DVD burner ...

When I just checked, they're called: DVD-RAM (E) and DVD Drive (F) ... ?? ...

When you suggested 'deleteing' these drives - I looked in Device Manager and the only option is to 'uninstall' ... is that what you're referring to ?? ... or, do I use the DEL key as HP wanted me to do tinkering in the registery the other night ?? ...

Again, many thanks for your time and trouble,

pepper

Archived