• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

FalvinP

No Docking With Emc 10 And Vista

Question

Yesterday I bought EMC 10 in preperation for a project I will start in March. I built a new computer a couple of months ago with Vista Home Premium installed on it. I'm running an old 19 inch trinitron crt at EMC's minimum resolution of 1024 x 768.

I've started to learn this version. I've had experience with version 7, but with the new computer and Vista, I thought I'd see what the updated version was like. I didn't like the new Videowave interface until I came across the ability to dock the media selector or the effect selector to the right of the preview area, an area that has a lot of wasted space, unless something is docked there.

Unfortunately, even though I'm at the minimum supported resolution I get an error message that says "it is not possible to dock media selector (or effect selector) at the current display resolution. This is true even if I up the resolution to the next level, which on this monitor makes stuff very small.......

I have a pretty robust system. Hopefully the stats will show up with this post. I have a GeForce 7950 GT OC with 512mb video memory, just in case my stats don't show up.

Any advice on how to get this useful item to work would be very much appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Yesterday I bought EMC 10 in preperation for a project I will start in March. I built a new computer a couple of months ago with Vista Home Premium installed on it. I'm running an old 19 inch trinitron crt at EMC's minimum resolution of 1024 x 768.

I've started to learn this version. I've had experience with version 7, but with the new computer and Vista, I thought I'd see what the updated version was like. I didn't like the new Videowave interface until I came across the ability to dock the media selector or the effect selector to the right of the preview area, an area that has a lot of wasted space, unless something is docked there.

Unfortunately, even though I'm at the minimum supported resolution I get an error message that says "it is not possible to dock media selector (or effect selector) at the current display resolution. This is true even if I up the resolution to the next level, which on this monitor makes stuff very small.......

I have a pretty robust system. Hopefully the stats will show up with this post. I have a GeForce 7950 GT OC with 512mb video memory, just in case my stats don't show up.

Any advice on how to get this useful item to work would be very much appreciated.

Make sure that the font size in Windows is set to 96dpi. That also has an effect. Run the encoding test in VideoWave (top menu, tools, options). After the test, is the dot near hardware or software? Have you updated the video card drivers and DirectX 9c lately?

Docking the settings is a two set process. First make sure you click on "View" "effects selector" so that it shows and go back and select "view" and dock the effects selector.

Also try this. Set the resolution to something like 1280 by 1024. Do the above to dock the selector. Now change the resolution back to something higher. See if the dock stays.

Edited by sknis

Make sure that the font size in Windows is set to 96dpi. That also has an effect. Run the encoding test in VideoWave (top menu, tools, options). After the test, is the dot near hardware or software? Have you updated the video card drivers and DirectX 9c lately?

Docking the settings is a two set process. First make sure you click on "View" "effects selector" so that it shows and go back and select "view" and dock the effects selector.

Also try this. Set the resolution to something like 1280 by 1024. Do the above to dock the selector. Now change the resolution back to something higher. See if the dock stays.

Tried them all no joy.

Tried them all no joy.

1024X768 is the minmum requirement, but you can not dock the settings at the resolution. If I remember correctly at higher resolutions, you still have to use 16bit color or higher.

What video card do you have?

Edited by ggrussell