Snapshot/screenshot In Emc 10

richbass

Question

Was wondering how to get snapshots/screenshots copied off my videos using EMC10. I'm trying to get snapshots off my home videos so I can create the graphics for my DVD labels. In Cineplayer 2 snapshots was a usable function but is discontinued in version 3. However, there is a snapshot function in Videowave (EMC10) but you have to restart it for each snapshot (i.e., each snapshot requires a new restart of the video and then naming the snapshot anew). Is there an easier way way of doing this in EMC10? I have a turion dou-core running vista. Everything else works fine.

13 answers to this question

Another way to do it; give this a try.

Open Media Manager and navigate to the folder where the movie is saved. Right click the movie and select Extract Image. Move the slider bar to the desired frame and press the Extract Image button. Do as many times as needed.

Let us know if you have success with this approach.

Just remember to get the window to fill as much of the screen as possible before the capture. A recent test seems to show that this way gives a larger size file. I don't know if that equates to a sharper image but one person did think so.

Just remember to get the window to fill as much of the screen as possible before the capture. A recent test seems to show that this way gives a larger size file. I don't know if that equates to a sharper image but one person did think so.

Not so with Media Manager, it captures in one size only, the source size.

Not so with Media Manager, it captures in one size only, the source size.

You are right; I made that mistake once before.

I'm not sure why but the size of the image file is larger with Media Manager. Both are the same source size and both have the same properties, Perhaps one grabs more background than the other? Here are the results from the two different grabs of a video image.

From VideoWave:

post-58-1202414304.jpg

From Media Manager:

post-58-1202414317.jpg

OK, tried that and am having the same problem. Tried two variations - Open project, run to end of movie and back to points of interst, tried getting snapshots; run to end of movie and then back to beginning, go to points of interest - try to get snapshots . . . Same thing. I can only get one snapshot at a time and then have to restart application to get another snapshot.

OK, tried that and am having the same problem. Tried two variations - Open project, run to end of movie and back to points of interst, tried getting snapshots; run to end of movie and then back to beginning, go to points of interest - try to get snapshots . . . Same thing. I can only get one snapshot at a time and then have to restart application to get another snapshot.

I don't understand at all what you are doing. Simply move the blue cursor on the timeline to the frame you want and the click the camera icon and your snapshot is taken. Are you expecting a snapshot of every frame? Why are you running the movie?

Yes. Understood. I already tried that. I move the blue cursor to the selected area in the "timeline" that I want to take a snapshot of and click the camera icon. I can get one snapshot. Afterwards, I move the cursor in the timeline to another place to get another snapshot and click the camera icon again. . . . Instead of going to the "save as" pict dialog box (as in the first snapshot instance), it doesn't do anything. It stalls. The camera icon is not grayed out and I 've waited minutes for it to resolve before closing.

Thanks

I guess everyone does these things a little different. After I insert a video into the Videowave program, I click on the play buttton and when it gets to the frame I want I click on the pause button. If I am not exactly on the exact frame I want I use the small wheel (back or forward) to get to the exact frame. Once there, I right click on the main screen picture and then click on "Extract Image", Tell it where to save the photo (jpg) and then if I want more extracted images from that same video, I just do as Walt suggested and move the vertical blue line to the next frame I want and repeat the process or just keep playing the video till it gets to where I want to extract another image. Each time as was suggested you need to give each image a differnt name.

Frank...

I guess everyone does these things a little different. After I insert a video into the Videowave program, I click on the play buttton and when it gets to the frame I want I click on the pause button. If I am not exactly on the exact frame I want I use the small wheel (back or forward) to get to the exact frame. Once there, I right click on the main screen picture and then click on "Extract Image", Tell it where to save the photo (jpg) and then if I want more extracted images from that same video, I just do as Walt suggested and move the vertical blue line to the next frame I want and repeat the process or just keep playing the video till it gets to where I want to extract another image. Each time as was suggested you need to give each image a differnt name.

Frank...

Basically I do the same as you Frank using the wheel etc to fine tune the position. But I always click on the camera icon - it does the same as the right click then extract click except I only use one click :rolleyes:

Of course that doesn't help richbass and I don't understand why he cannot take a 2nd snapshot.

Yes. Understood. I already tried that. I move the blue cursor to the selected area in the "timeline" that I want to take a snapshot of and click the camera icon. I can get one snapshot. Afterwards, I move the cursor in the timeline to another place to get another snapshot and click the camera icon again. . . . Instead of going to the "save as" pict dialog box (as in the first snapshot instance), it doesn't do anything. It stalls. The camera icon is not grayed out and I 've waited minutes for it to resolve before closing.

Thanks

Sorry rich, I can't duplicate your problem. I can get snapshots at every location to which I move the cursor. Hopefully someone else can offer some suggestions. I think I now understand also what you mean by "restarting"

Another way to do it; give this a try.

Open Media Manager and navigate to the folder where the movie is saved. Right click the movie and select Extract Image. Move the slider bar to the desired frame and press the Extract Image button. Do as many times as needed.

Let us know if you have success with this approach.

Was wondering how to get snapshots/screenshots copied off my videos using EMC10. I'm trying to get snapshots off my home videos so I can create the graphics for my DVD labels. In Cineplayer 2 snapshots was a usable function but is discontinued in version 3. However, there is a snapshot function in Videowave (EMC10) but you have to restart it for each snapshot (i.e., each snapshot requires a new restart of the video and then naming the snapshot anew). Is there an easier way way of doing this in EMC10? I have a turion dou-core running vista. Everything else works fine.

Why do you have to restart the video? Simply move the cursor to a new location and take a snapshot. Of course you will have to give it a new name every time.

Archived