• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Splitting Video In Internal Track

fgvideo

Question

It would be awesome if EMC 9 had "split the selected item" tool available in the internal track editing mode. It would thus be possible to add video on the internal overlay track and split and cut at various points instead of having to add it multiple times to the internal track and synching-it-up every time you add it, or having to worry about repositioning an overlay that's not in the internal track whenever an addition or deletion is made to the main video track. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the tip. Using scene detection really makes it easy to find clips you want to use. My new problem is that I had two cameras rolling at the same time and it is very time and labor intensive to synchronize the overlaid scenes with the main video. Do you have any tips for synchronization?

Patience and a lot of caffeine. :blink:

Try a different way. Add your main video/images. Select the internal track of where you want to add a scene. Click to add a image/movie and navigate to it. Right click to detect scenes. you can detect them automatically or manually. When you are done, click OK, that windows and the navigation window will open. Select the scene you want to add and then add as overlay. It should add to that internal track so if you move the image/video on the main track, it will move with it. Watch the first video for working with scene selection.

I just checked to make sure it would work and it did using EMC 10. It should work with EMC 9.

Thanks for the tip. Using scene detection really makes it easy to find clips you want to use. My new problem is that I had two cameras rolling at the same time and it is very time and labor intensive to synchronize the overlaid scenes with the main video. Do you have any tips for synchronization?

It would be awesome if EMC 9 had "split the selected item" tool available in the internal track editing mode. It would thus be possible to add video on the internal overlay track and split and cut at various points instead of having to add it multiple times to the internal track and synching-it-up every time you add it, or having to worry about repositioning an overlay that's not in the internal track whenever an addition or deletion is made to the main video track. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Try a different way. Add your main video/images. Select the internal track of where you want to add a scene. Click to add a image/movie and navigate to it. Right click to detect scenes. you can detect them automatically or manually. When you are done, click OK, that windows and the navigation window will open. Select the scene you want to add and then add as overlay. It should add to that internal track so if you move the image/video on the main track, it will move with it. Watch the first video for working with scene selection.

I just checked to make sure it would work and it did using EMC 10. It should work with EMC 9.

Archived