• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tech Contact - Gad!

bbeijer

Question

I just spent 45 minutes trying to find an e-mail address to submit what I think is a problem with Toast 7. I'm not going to spend $35 to tell them so maybe someone here can enlighten me - or them.

Toast 7

I have noticed what seems a problem with Toast 7. The Main Movie extraction and compression for a VIDEO_TS burn is unreliable.

I get intermittent pixilation and brief audio dropouts. Also, occasional hangs in my Sony juke and freezes then continuation in the Pioneer. Some the Pioneer refuses to even start, going to stop immediately after selecting Play.

If I use DVDRemaster, Toast 7 gives me a dialog "Cannot Be Compressed" and will not allow the burn. This occurs even with attempts which should not require compression.

Toast 6 accepts the DVDRemaster output and does a consistently reliable burn.

DVDRemaster also seems to produce a better product - video is a bit crisper.

G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet 1.8GHz upgrade

1GB RAM

LaCie 16x DL Light Scribe internal

Toast 6.1.1

Toast 7.0.2

DVDRemaster 2.5.2

OS 10.3.9

5 answers to this question

Did you upgrade to Toast 7.0.2? I'm still trying to figure out how to do that. It has something to do with disabling the Download Manager on my Mac but no one will tell me directly how to do it and I don't want to spend hours searching questions which are related but not close enough to help me. I'll write a Mac expert for that, but if I have a problem with Toast (which I will) GOD HELP ME!!!

I just spent 45 minutes trying to find an e-mail address to submit what I think is a problem with Toast 7. I'm not going to spend $35 to tell them so maybe someone here can enlighten me - or them.

Can't address your problem, however, I totally agree with what you say about Tech Service. IMO Roxio has really dropped the ball when it comes to servicing customers. The automated "ask Roxann" is a joke. Roxio has sure gone out of their way to make Retrospect look quite attractive.

Either this company wakes up, or their customer base is going to erode.

Archived