Removing Audio From Video

jesee

Question

I am using Roxio Easy Media Creator home.7

I want to erase the audio from AVI video files (my camera has only this type of format).

I dont want to extract the video (this choice, yes, it extract it, but leaves the sound in the video. What I want is to replace the sound with a different one.

Thanks for your help.

Jesse

6 answers to this question

I want to erase the audio from AVI video files (my camera has only this type of format).

I dont want to extract the video (this choice, yes, it extract it, but leaves the sound in the video. What I want is to replace the sound with a different one.

Thanks for your help.

Jesse

If you insert your video in EMC 7 and want to not hear the native audio that is included, there is anoption in EMC 7 where you can remove that track. I am not running EMC 7 but did for a long time so I don't have the photo for 7, but here is a shot in EMC 10 that is similar. Try removing the option to include the audio track in your video and se eif that works. Once you eliminate the original or native audio then you can add yopur choice of audio or music in the music track.

Frank...

Thanks for your help.

Jesse

Bring your video into VideoWave. In Production Editor, and in either Storyline view or Timeline view, right click on your video clip, click on Edit, then click on Native Audio. That is where the volume slider that sisterscape referred to, is.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't opened VW (or XP for that matter) in quite some time so specifics are a little murky.

You're welcome. I wasn't completely sure of how to do it in Version 7/7.5, either, so I opened my EMC 7.5 and tested what I thought was the way to do it. I was right.

It is much easier to do it in EMC 9 and 10. You just click on the speaker icon, and select Mute.

Thanks for your help, guys...

I will try those suggestions!

Jesse

You're welcome. I wasn't completely sure of how to do it in Version 7/7.5, either, so I opened my EMC 7.5 and tested what I thought was the way to do it. I was right.

It is much easier to do it in EMC 9 and 10. You just click on the speaker icon, and select Mute.

Archived