• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Emc 10 Suite Cd's Won't Install

bullhead001

Question

When I try to install my Roxio EMC 10 Suite cd set. All I can get ie a black screen titled c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. This screen is what follows the download now screen that offers a free trial or the adobe instructions. I also get it if I try to install thru windows explorer and looking at the disc and trying the install.bat file. Help please.

10 answers to this question

do I just dump the contents of all 3 cd's in one file and let her rip? or should I manually feed in disc 2 and 3? Nice looking granddaughters Bruce. Have one of those myself!

Please clarify....EMC 10 has 2 DVD's, one is the program one and the second is for the Dazzle unit,

You have 3 CD's?

Please clarify....EMC 10 has 2 DVD's, one is the program one and the second is for the Dazzle unit,

You have 3 CD's?

Yes, I have 3 cd's. They have worked on my pc and laptop, but when I did a recovery on my pc, they did not work as described above on the reinstall. I have put EMC 9 back on there for now.

Yes, I have 3 cd's. They have worked on my pc and laptop, but when I did a recovery on my pc, they did not work as described above on the reinstall. I have put EMC 9 back on there for now.

I'd copy all 3 CD's to a temporary folder on your hard drive. If it works, don't forget to delete the files, once you are up and running.

When I try to install my Roxio EMC 10 Suite cd set. All I can get ie a black screen titled c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. This screen is what follows the download now screen that offers a free trial or the adobe instructions. I also get it if I try to install thru windows explorer and looking at the disc and trying the install.bat file. Help please.

Make a folder on the hard drive and copy the DVD' s to the folder, and try from there.

If you are indeed using the 3 cd version rather than the dvd version, John at Roxio has pinned a message at the top of this topic about installing using cd's. It has a link pointing here that provides some detailed information. If GPB's and Ogdens' suggestion to copy the cds' contents over to a temporary folder does not work, you might try the steps in the knowledge base link John provided. The way you describe your problem, the steps in kb article might not work.

Archived