Does Not Recognize Cd-r Or Cd-rw While Trying To Burn A Audio Cd

James333

Question

What is the id string of your drive? (If using WinXP, right-click on 'MyComputer' > properties > hardware > Device Manager > click on the DVD/CD-ROM icon to expand, and copy the id string for the burner exactly, lower case and upper case as written, space for space.

Lynn

What is the id string of your drive? (If using WinXP, right-click on 'MyComputer' > properties > hardware > Device Manager > click on the DVD/CD-ROM icon to expand, and copy the id string for the burner exactly, lower case and upper case as written, space for space.

Lynn

Thanx,I will do that and get it too you.

When you add some song tracks, place a blank CD-R in the HL-DT-ST DVDRW DL drive and push the burn button, what happens then?

cd

What do i choose under General,Autoplay,hardware,sharing,recording?this is in control panel,right click e drive,properties. will setting these up help?

I just downloaded easy cd creator 10 and when i try to burn a audio cd it won't recognize any cd's.I know it must be something simple but can't seem to figure it out.Any help would be great thanx.jimi

Click here, on # 4 or 5 in my signature, for what one applies.

cd

What do i choose under General,Autoplay,hardware,sharing,recording?this is in control panel,right click e drive,properties. will setting these up help?

James, if all you need to do is make an audio cd, give Music Disc Creator a try (look under the Audio tab) and see if you have the same problems with your drives. It's rather simple but if you're drives don't show up after all that's been suggested, try burning a simple cd with Windows Media Player. After you've tried both of these options, post back with your results.

James, if all you need to do is make an audio cd, give Music Disc Creator a try (look under the Audio tab) and see if you have the same problems with your drives. It's rather simple but if you're drives don't show up after all that's been suggested, try burning a simple cd with Windows Media Player. After you've tried both of these options, post back with your results.

Music Disc Creator.I get the error windows encounters a problem and shuts down every time I tried it.windows media player just hangs forever till i cancel

Music Disc Creator.I get the error windows encounters a problem and shuts down every time I tried it.windows media player just hangs forever till i cancel

You have some system problems as far as I can tell and it's not the software. Start with a total cleanup of your system. Run virus and spyware scans to start. Then, do a disc cleanup and end with a defrag and try again.

You have some system problems as far as I can tell and it's not the software. Start with a total cleanup of your system. Run virus and spyware scans to start. Then, do a disc cleanup and end with a defrag and try again.

OK thanx.you think i will need to reformat? i'd hate to have to do that cause i got a ton of files i will need to copy to disc.

OK thanx.you think i will need to reformat? i'd hate to have to do that cause i got a ton of files i will need to copy to disc.

No, not yet. Do what Paul suggested, and hopefully, it will fix things.

If you end up having to do a full format, I would suggest purchasing an external hard drive enclosure, and put an internal drive in it. Then back up all your needed files to that external hard drive. Beats the heck out of burning a lot of CD's or DVD's.

James, how old is your system? Could you post your system info please? It might be helpful as we move forward.

Whether you need to format your system or not, you should always be prepared for the worst and have a good backup plan. At the least, backup to a portable drive all the files and info you can't do without.

Finally, posting messages back and forth is not the best and easiest way to work on problems like this so if you can ask a friend who may know a few things about computers to take a look at your system, it wouldn't hurt.

No, not yet. Do what Paul suggested, and hopefully, it will fix things.

If you end up having to do a full format, I would suggest purchasing an external hard drive enclosure, and put an internal drive in it. Then back up all your needed files to that external hard drive. Beats the heck out of burning a lot of CD's or DVD's.

I did a virus scan,spyware scan ,disc clean and defrag.i will reboot and try again.

I bought the system in 2003 i think.

Dell xps600

Service Tag BRJ1T81

Express Service Code 25609189681

Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz

Processor Speed 3.17 GHz

Memory (RAM) 2048 MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Operating System Version 5.1.2600

Gforce 8600gt

I did a virus scan,spyware scan ,disc clean and defrag.i will reboot and try again.

Dell xps600

Service Tag BRJ1T81

Processor Speed 3.17 GHz

Memory (RAM) 2048 MB

Gforce 8600gt

looked it up and i purchased it in 2005

Dell xps600

Service Tag BRJ1T81

Processor Speed 3.17 GHz

Memory (RAM) 2048 MB

Gforce 8600gt

The Dell XPS was not out in 2003 nor was the 8600GT. Based on your service tag, your system shipped on 11/05 so it's not yet 2 1/2 years old.

Click here, on # 4 or 5 in my signature, for what one applies.

cd

cdanteek,i tried the exe file and it didn't work.Do I need to reboot after this?I'm not getting any error messages so I didn't try the other one.Lynn here is the info you asked for.HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B

destination selection is HL-DT-ST DVDRW DL (E:)

no matter what type of disc i put in it still shows empty.

Thanx for the replies.

cdanteek,i tried the exe file and it didn't work.Do I need to reboot after this?I'm not getting any error messages so I didn't try the other one.Lynn here is the info you asked for.HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B

destination selection is HL-DT-ST DVDRW DL (E:)

no matter what type of disc i put in it still shows empty.

Thanx for the replies.

Do you mean "5.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio.http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip" if so, yes reboot!

Your drives were visible in windows, my computer and such?

cd

Do you mean "5.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio.http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip" if so, yes reboot!

Your drives were visible in windows, my computer and such?

cd

Yes #5 What do you mean by visible.Sorry i'm not that computer literate.

The HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B is a Read Only drive - will read CDs and DVDs.

For the HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8164B, see if this helps - http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170136.

Lynn

I went to my computer,properties,hardware,device manager.dbl clicked on dvd/cd rom drives and disabled the dvd rw drive and then enabled it and it still doesn't work.

Yes #5 What do you mean by visible.Sorry i'm not that computer literate.

Did you reboot after #5?

When you open my computer or in device manager do you see the drive listed?

Your destination drive needs a # to identify it.

"HL-DT-ST DVDRW DL" Internal drive or external usb drive?

Why someone has you chasing your tail about a Rom drive!

cd

Did you reboot after #5?

When you open my computer or in device manager do you see the drive listed?

Your destination drive needs a # to identify it.

"HL-DT-ST DVDRW DL" Internal drive or external usb drive?

Why someone has you chasing your tail about a Rom drive!

cd

Yes i did reboot.Yes I see the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B drive.Its internal drive.Not seeing a # in destination drive.Also under settings,the dvd/cd box has a red X in it along with the my computer box.What does this mean?I check the dvd box to a green check and when i go back in it's got the X again.

Yes i did reboot.Yes I see the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B drive.Its internal drive.Not seeing a # in destination drive.Also under settings,the dvd/cd box has a red X in it along with the my computer box.What does this mean?I check the dvd box to a green check and when i go back in it's got the X again.

Where exactly are you and are you not seeing this, be specific.

cd

sorry,i went into the settings tab in easy audio cd.the settings tab is in the lower right corner by the add tracks tab.

That is the watched folder settings tab. If I click the + mark in this setting box next to my computer, I see drive I took out a month ago. And after I opened and closed four times I see your red x on things, don't go by this! Choose your drive by the box at the bottom of the Easy Audio CD page. Are they showing now? If not read below!

To identify your drive in XP. Right click my computer and click properties. The system properties window opens, click the Hardware tab and then click device manager. The Device Manager Window opens, from the top view, make sure a dot is next to view devices by type. Click the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives, post what it reads, EXACTLY!

cd

Archived