Won't Burn

GalenC

Question

I suddenly started having problems burning discs. I get a message saying "There was a problem writing to the disc..." Since it won't burn directly, I have been saving it as an iso file and then burning it. Every once in a while (1/20) a disc will burn. I have restored my computer to the date previous to the problem and defragged. What do I need to do? What more info do you need. I have 2G ram and Windows xp.

3 answers to this question

I suddenly started having problems burning discs. I get a message saying "There was a problem writing to the disc..." Since it won't burn directly, I have been saving it as an iso file and then burning it. Every once in a while (1/20) a disc will burn. I have restored my computer to the date previous to the problem and defragged. What do I need to do? What more info do you need. I have 2G ram and Windows xp.

When I try the repair I get "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". I suppose that may have something to do with I loaded Roxio 8 from a disc, but purchased 9 over the internet, and I don't remember saving it, at least to a disc. Or can I still access it somewhere???

The other thing is I am using Memorex DVD + RW and from reading some other posts, it is possible these are causing problems??? Is Verbatim/Sony or TDK better quality??

Thanks for all the advice...what's next?? What more info do you need?

Archived