Difference In Updates Ru3 And Ru4

Sweet Mary

Question

What is the difference between RoxioEMCSuite9.1Update_1Z26RZS0RU3.exe and RoxioEMCSuite9.1Update_1Z26RZS0RU4.exe?

A Microsoft tech has been working for three days to help me make Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burner (red box) cooperate in Vista, but is it even possible? I love the Drag to Disk, but it seems all the update (RU3) does is remove it from the options.

Mary

IBM Thinkpad, 1.5GHz, 2 GB, Windows Vista Business, 32-bit OS

3 answers to this question

What is the difference between RoxioEMCSuite9.1Update_1Z26RZS0RU3.exe and RoxioEMCSuite9.1Update_1Z26RZS0RU4.exe?

A Microsoft tech has been working for three days to help me make Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burner (red box) cooperate in Vista, but is it even possible? I love the Drag to Disk, but it seems all the update (RU3) does is remove it from the options.

Mary

IBM Thinkpad, 1.5GHz, 2 GB, Windows Vista Business, 32-bit OS

Their are no updates for Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burner red box(this is a re-issue of version 6).

The updates in question are for Version 9, one is for the Easy Media Creator 9 Suite and the other Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite, neither of which you have.

Hi Mary,

RU3 is the standard "suite" version of software, while RU4 is usually "deluxe", but neither of those should work on Easy CD & DVD Burning (red box). These updaters are for the full version Easy Mediator Creator 9 - not for the RedBox version. There are no updates for the RedBox version except the patch for Drag to Disc compatibility in Vista.

We were told these updates would only work on a full retail version 9.0 of the corresponding type, because they uninstall 9.0 and then install 9.1

How did you make either of them work?

I have Easy CD & DVD Burning (red box) and Drag to Disc working in Vista. It was relatively simple.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Mary,

RU3 is the standard "suite" version of software, while RU4 is usually "deluxe", but neither of those should work on Easy CD & DVD Burning (red box). These updaters are for the full version Easy Mediator Creator 9 - not for the RedBox version. There are no updates for the RedBox version except the patch for Drag to Disc compatibility in Vista.

We were told these updates would only work on a full retail version 9.0 of the corresponding type, because they uninstall 9.0 and then install 9.1

How did you make either of them work?

I have Easy CD & DVD Burning (red box) and Drag to Disc working in Vista. It was relatively simple.

Regards,

Brendon

Nothing on the box told me what version it is, but it is new on the shelf at Office Depot for $29.99. When I tried to install it on a Vista Business system, I got a message that said I would have to uninstall Roxio Creator 9. However, there was no Roxio listed in All Programs nor in Add/Remove programs. I wasn't sure what to do and I called Microsoft because I couldn't find it even when I did a search for Roxio. For three days now a young man in India has been working on my computer remotely and he was the one found Roxio listed in the Program Files folder. He told me to go ahead and install the new program and low and behold there was the Drag to Disk icon on the screen. But it gave an error message when I tried to use it. He is the one who had me download the two 9.1 updates. I just checked in Program Files and all the program elements have a 9 at the end--maybe that's from the updates--there is no Drag to Disc.

Please tell me what to do to get Easy CD & DVD Burning (red box) and Drag to Disc working in Vista. I will be forever greatful.

Archived