Burning A Data Cd Using Toast 6 Or 7

rayi23

Question

Hello. I have always been confused in how Toast does a data CD. On a PC using Easy CD creator, you can keep adding data and you always have one continous additions. But when you add data using Toast, you end up with different volumes. Is there a way to keep adding data to a CDR on Toast like it is done on a PC? I find it annoying how you end up with all these different volumes mounting on your desktop each time you add new data. thank you

1 answer to this question

Hello. I have always been confused in how Toast does a data CD. On a PC using Easy CD creator, you can keep adding data and you always have one continous additions. But when you add data using Toast, you end up with different volumes. Is there a way to keep adding data to a CDR on Toast like it is done on a PC? I find it annoying how you end up with all these different volumes mounting on your desktop each time you add new data. thank you

The HFS and HFS+ file system used by Macs makes it necessary for additional sessions to be mounted as separate volumes. You can burn your data CDs in ISO 9660 format instead and the additional sessions will appear in the same volume, but they won't be formatted the same as the Mac's file system.

What I suggest to people who are used to writing multiple session CDs is that they get one of those USB flash drives instead. When the flash drive gets filled close to 700 MB then copy its contents to a CD as one session, erase the flash drive and start again.

Archived