Dvdit Pro Hd Burns Bd, But Disc Not Readable

JonFairhurst

Question

I was able to create an ISO file just fine. The size looks correct. I burn the disc using a Pioneer BDR-202 Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD writer. The burn works fine, the disc ejects and DVDit Pro HD claims success. I can see the burnt part of the disc.

But... when I try to read the disc on the PC, no files show up. The disc is unreadable. Obviously, it doesn't play in my player either.

What should I do to troubleshoot this? How can I confirm that the BDR-202 is working properly? - I should be able to burn some data files and read them back, but what app should I use?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-JF

3 answers to this question

If your BD-R is unreadable it's unreadable :( My advice : you should buy a BD-RE and always makes tests on it before burning on a BD-R, because BD-R are very expenssive :ninja:

Which software did you use to burn the ISO image on your BD-R ?

In DVDItProHD you should select "Write Volume" instead of "Write Disk Image", then you should copy the directory to the BD-R using a regular BD Burner (like Nero) and select "UDF 2.5" if available. That way it never fails unless your BD Burner is ko.

I was able to create an ISO file just fine. The size looks correct. I burn the disc using a Pioneer BDR-202 Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD writer. The burn works fine, the disc ejects and DVDit Pro HD claims success. I can see the burnt part of the disc.

But... when I try to read the disc on the PC, no files show up. The disc is unreadable. Obviously, it doesn't play in my player either.

What should I do to troubleshoot this? How can I confirm that the BDR-202 is working properly? - I should be able to burn some data files and read them back, but what app should I use?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-JF

You might have to install a UDF 2.5 driver to view the files on the drive. If you have not installed the software that came with the drive, I would suggest to do that first.

Archived