• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Bakup Up Quicken Files

jlnaf

Question

I just purchased from Sams and installed EMC 8 Suite. Now I cannot backup my Quicken data files. Windows (XP Pro, Version 5.1, Service pack 2) says my files are ready to copy to CD but I never get a way way to do that. No pop-up balloon or "Copy files" command in "My Computer." What gives??

Thanks

jlnaf

5 answers to this question

I use a dvd but a cd should work. Don't backup from within quicken. First format your disk with drag to disk. Then find the quicken program with windows explorer and double click the quicken file to open it. Select all the files listed or shown as icons and then drag them to the drag to disk icon. They should be copied there in an instant. Double click the cd drive icon in my computer to check.That should do it.

What program in the Suite are you using?.

I weas NOT using the Suite.

I use a dvd but a cd should work. Don't backup from within quicken. First format your disk with drag to disk. Then find the quicken program with windows explorer and double click the quicken file to open it. Select all the files listed or shown as icons and then drag them to the drag to disk icon. They should be copied there in an instant. Double click the cd drive icon in my computer to check.That should do it.

I can easily do that, but I am not sure I can explain it to my wife. :-) Since I have 4 accounts under Quicken, probably the simplest would be to make a new directory and drag the directory contents to the cd.

She might figure that out.

Thanks

I just purchased from Sams and installed EMC 8 Suite. Now I cannot backup my Quicken data files. Windows (XP Pro, Version 5.1, Service pack 2) says my files are ready to copy to CD but I never get a way way to do that. No pop-up balloon or "Copy files" command in "My Computer." What gives??

Thanks

jlnaf

You need to pay a visit to Intuit's site. It is their problem and they have had a patch out for over a year. Also, I see by your posts in another thread, that you have a fouled up install. You need to uninstall EMC 8 and try again.

I weas NOT using the Suite.

I can easily do that, but I am not sure I can explain it to my wife. :-) Since I have 4 accounts under Quicken, probably the simplest would be to make a new directory and drag the directory contents to the cd.

She might figure that out.

Thanks

Never underestimate the intelligence of your wife! After all she did marry you…

This is not a Roxio issue but falls squarely on Intuit. Read the Help files and visit their web site.

Archived