Compressing Video Files

Swngthng

Question

2 answers to this question

How do I compress Video files so that I can e-mail them to friends...the files I have been trying to send have been rejected by there mail provider because they are to large

At the end of this tutorial about how to make files for UTube, it tells you how to adjust the output in VideoWave to make a smaller file. Basically, you choose a Windows Media Video file and by choosing a smaller size for the screen resolution, you decrease the size of the file.

http://img.roxio.com/enu/pdf/emc10_tutorials/youtube.pdf

Perhaps the person who has the account can tell you how large a file their email provider will allow.

* edited to include link to pdf file*

How do I compress Video files so that I can e-mail them to friends...the files I have been trying to send have been rejected by there mail provider because they are to large

First of all find out the maximum file size that you can e-mail. Then use Videowave and load the video file you want to compress. Select "Output As" and select "e-mail" and then one of the video file qualitiy options. If the compressed video file is still too large you might have to split it into several video clips.

Another option is to upload to a site such as YouTube where you friends could watch it.

The best option of course would be to burn it to a DVD and send it to your friends. It might take a few days via snail mail to get there but at least you will have much better quality then via e-mail or YouTube.

Archived