• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 8 Crashes After Burning Or Playing Audio In Leopard

ghobish

Question

I have the latest update of Toast (8.0.3) up in Leopard (10.5.1). Toast consistently crashes after:

• playing any audio
  • after completeing a burn.

(Usually the disc is OK, but not always.)

I actually have the same problem running Jam 6 in Leopard, but Jam is not officially supported. However, I bet it's the same problem., and I'm betting it has to do with the "bing" at the end of the burn process, which would make sense about both items as audio play is involved. (DiskWarrior 4 had a similar issue.)

I am running 10.5.1 on a dual 2GHz G5 with 5GB RAM. Audio is playing through the core audio driver of a MOTU 2408 mk III.

"Roxsanne's" suggestions were of no help.

2 answers to this question

This might be a Quicktime 7.4.1 issue.

If I disable the "bing" in Prefs it does not crash after the burn. Not only that, but with the "bing" disabled I can play audio jumping from track to track with no problem! (It still crashes after playing audio in the Crossfades window, at least under Quicktime 7.4.1.) Hopefully the next update of Toast will address this (and though I don't realistically expect an update for Jam, I suspect it would work FINE if it were possible to disable the "bing." Maybe by removing it from the resource package, hmmm?).

Now if Toast could crossfade a negative space longer than 20 seconds (I do a lot of live records and commonly describe the applause between tracks as a countdown) and could print reports I'd be fine with it...

Archived