Encryption

latinangel

Question

Hello. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how to encrypt a DVD that I made so that other cannot make a copy. I know that it is very easy to break the encryption, but it is the case for people that are not so "tech savvy", as are some of my family members that I am going to make the movie for. Does Roxio support encryption? Thank you very much!

11 answers to this question

Huh?

Post #2, Jim told Latinangel "There are some 3rd party software that does, go Google."

Post #4, Latinangel asked for the names of some of these 3rd party software

Post #5, You told Latinangel "Uhhhhh, see post #3? :blink: "

Post #3 refers to ROXIO's DVDIt Pro, which is NOT 3rd party software. On this board, 3rd party software is stuff produced by vendors other than Roxio/Sonic.

Regards,

Brendon

Post #2, Jim told Latinangel "There are some 3rd party software that does, go Google."

Post #4, Latinangel asked for the names of some of these 3rd party software

Post #5, You told Latinangel "Uhhhhh, see post #3? :blink: "

Post #3 refers to ROXIO's DVDIt Pro, which is NOT 3rd party software. On this board, 3rd party software is stuff produced by vendors other than Roxio/Sonic.

Regards,

Brendon

I really don't understand why you made either of your posts. Encryption can't be done in the EMC 10 suite, and malatekid pointed Latinangel to software that has the encryption feature, which is what she is looking for.

Also, before buying any such software, make sure to find out what it entails to use such feature.

For Dvdit Pro, maybe a quick glance in the manual regarding CSS/Macrovision and DLT will help.

Good info. I flipped through it and found this:

"If you use copy protection, you cannot burn discs or write to disc images, and you cannot

select the OpenDVD option."

and

"CSS and Macrovision are applied by the disc replicator."

I'm reading that to mean you would have to send it out to have it created professionally if you want to copy protect.

Archived