• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spin Doctor Stereo

music

Question

I read the recent article in Macworld Weekly on "digitize your cassettes and LPs". I bought Toast (with CD Spin Doctor) and digitized a cassette. I'm using a Y-cable connected to a MacBook running Leopard. Even though the cassette is stereo, the digitized output is mono. Is it possible to produce a stereo version? How?

2 answers to this question

I read the recent article in Macworld Weekly on "digitize your cassettes and LPs". I bought Toast (with CD Spin Doctor) and digitized a cassette. I'm using a Y-cable connected to a MacBook running Leopard. Even though the cassette is stereo, the digitized output is mono. Is it possible to produce a stereo version? How?

Thanks. Got new cable and now have stereo.

If Spin Doctor receives a stereo signal it records in stereo. My guess is your Y connector has a mono miniplug instead of a stereo one.

Archived