• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Build 805b56b Automatic Chapter With Scene Detection Is Broken

gudmundsonsc

Question

MyDVD 8 Build 805B56B ENU

on a 14 minute WMV movie clip captured using Windows Movie Maker (tried other DV-AVI clips to same thing)

"Edit Chapters"

"Automatically Create Chapters"

"Using Scene Detection"

"Go"

does nothing, no cpu usage, nothing except it does label the button "Stop", but nothings happens even after 30 minutes.

"At start of every panel" I don't know what that means but it also does nothing

"Every 60 seconds" works and is done in less then 20 seconds.

This is the whole reason I bought this software to automatically create chapters and chapter menus, but alas I wasted my money, I don't even know how to get technical support for "Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite" because it is not in the product support drop down list. Their live chat is broken and they charge $35 to phone technical support. I'm not the one that needs technical help, this product does.

1 answer to this question

MyDVD 8 Build 805B56B ENU

on a 14 minute WMV movie clip captured using Windows Movie Maker (tried other DV-AVI clips to same thing)

"Edit Chapters"

"Automatically Create Chapters"

"Using Scene Detection"

"Go"

does nothing, no cpu usage, nothing except it does label the button "Stop", but nothings happens even after 30 minutes.

"At start of every panel" I don't know what that means but it also does nothing

"Every 60 seconds" works and is done in less then 20 seconds.

This is the whole reason I bought this software to automatically create chapters and chapter menus, but alas I wasted my money, I don't even know how to get technical support for "Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite" because it is not in the product support drop down list. Their live chat is broken and they charge $35 to phone technical support. I'm not the one that needs technical help, this product does.

I have never been happy with the Auto Chapters function and always use manual or fixed time…

You can tinker with the sensitivity setting but depending on your source files, you are asking quite a bit from a computer.

Archived