Mydvd 9.0 - Videowave - Pan&zoom Editor

SailorFool

Question

I upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 - hoping it would solve the frequent crashes I was experiencing [after five minutes of work, program would bomb out and lose all work - had to save every minute...literally...]

So, that problem is solved! But now the Pan & Zoom editor [which is the primary reason I keep buying this thing] appears to no longer be a part of the program. When I right-click on a picture or video, then go to Edit, the option is not there! Auto-motion is still present, but no user-defined pan/zoom.

Sent in a help ticket - I've been assured the function is still a part of the program.

I've tried a repair, a clean install - still no luck.

Does anyone have any advice???

Thanks

Rick, er, SailorFool... :blink:

7 answers to this question

I upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 - hoping it would solve the frequent crashes I was experiencing [after five minutes of work, program would bomb out and lose all work - had to save every minute...literally...]

So, that problem is solved! But now the Pan & Zoom editor [which is the primary reason I keep buying this thing] appears to no longer be a part of the program. When I right-click on a picture or video, then go to Edit, the option is not there! Auto-motion is still present, but no user-defined pan/zoom.

Sent in a help ticket - I've been assured the function is still a part of the program.

I've tried a repair, a clean install - still no luck.

Does anyone have any advice???

Thanks

Rick, er, SailorFool... :blink:

It is included in EMC 9. Right click on a photo, and select Edit. Pan and Zoom is listed as one of the options.

Yep - customer support confirmed that the PZEditor not a part of this version.

Truly wish I'd known that - would have purchased the better version.

I threw away MyDVD 9.0 and reinstalled VideoWave 8.0 - crashes every few minutes, but at least it has the features I wanted.

This has been a souring experience...

Thanks for the help.

Rick

When I right-click on a photo [and yes, in the Production Editor], the menu pops up with:

Trim - Edit - Split...

Off of Edit, there are only two options: Photo and Edit Internal Tracks

There is no way to find the Pan & Zoom Editor.

I purchased MyDVD Studio 9.0. If the answer to this quandry is that I needed to purchase a different version of this program, I officially am washing my hands of Roxio.

My ferverent hope is that I'm missing something.

As far as the tech information - the screen resolution is fairly small - the video card was just updated and can certainly handle all of this. Before I trashed 8.0, everything showed and worked.

It is only 9.0 that is giving me this headache...

Rick

When I right-click on a photo [and yes, in the Production Editor], the menu pops up with:

Trim - Edit - Split...

Off of Edit, there are only two options: Photo and Edit Internal Tracks

There is no way to find the Pan & Zoom Editor.

I purchased MyDVD Studio 9.0. If the answer to this quandry is that I needed to purchase a different version of this program, I officially am washing my hands of Roxio.

My ferverent hope is that I'm missing something.

As far as the tech information - the screen resolution is fairly small - the video card was just updated and can certainly handle all of this. Before I trashed 8.0, everything showed and worked.

It is only 9.0 that is giving me this headache...

Rick

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but MyDVD Studio 9 may not have all of the features of the MyDVD in the EMC 9 suite.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but MyDVD Studio 9 may not have all of the features of the MyDVD in the EMC 9 suite.

I just looked and MyDVD 9 is not on Roxio products listing anymore. The new product is My DVD 10. I think grandpabruce is correct regarding advance video editing not being part of the program.

Try this, add an image and right click on it, when the option box opens, select "Automotion". That will add a pan and/or zoom effect to the image. Many people complain that it is not very noticeable. If you don't like the way it looks, just reapply automotion until you get close to the one you want.

Archived