Having Trouble Burning Iso Files

rocncas

Question

Hello,

I've read a number of different posts on how to do different things that have been really insightful. You all seem to know what you're doing, so here's my dilema...

I'm trying to burn a few 35-40 minute videos onto a dvd for my little one. They are not copyrighted. I can do just one and it works find, but I was wondering if there's a way to burn more than one?

Here's what I've done: burn the originals into .ISO files (they were originally going to .gi??), then I go into the Video Convert and do the Video Compilation. Add movies, I add the two movies then click on burn. Well the first movie burns fine, but the second one starts to pixelize, though it is fine when I preview the .ISO file. IS there something I'm missing?? or Should I not put more than one show on a dvd?? I'd hate to have to burn 30 dvd's instead of 15.

Any help anyone can provide, would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

I've read a number of different posts on how to do different things that have been really insightful. You all seem to know what you're doing, so here's my dilema...

I'm trying to burn a few 35-40 minute videos onto a dvd for my little one. They are not copyrighted. I can do just one and it works find, but I was wondering if there's a way to burn more than one?

Here's what I've done: burn the originals into .ISO files (they were originally going to .gi??), then I go into the Video Convert and do the Video Compilation. Add movies, I add the two movies then click on burn. Well the first movie burns fine, but the second one starts to pixelize, though it is fine when I preview the .ISO file. IS there something I'm missing?? or Should I not put more than one show on a dvd?? I'd hate to have to burn 30 dvd's instead of 15.

Any help anyone can provide, would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

First of all, a standard 4.7GB DVD is able to hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any more, and the quality is reduced but in many cases not by that much.

You can combine the 2 movies into one iso file using myDVD. If you used Videowave to create your movies then save each separate project as a project file (has the dmsm extension). Then launch myDVD and add each project as a separate title . You can have a menu so you can select which movie to play or have just the movies and they will play one after the other. When you are on Burn window, select create disc image or folder instead of burn to disc. You can then use Copy&Convert to burn the iso image or folder to a DVD. C&C will transcode the image file to fit on the DVD.

In Videowave, you can also output each movie to a DVD quality mpeg2 file and add those files as movies.

Archived