• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Basic 9 Won't Finalize Cd-r

Steve W.

Question

I'm having some trouble finalizing a CD-R using "Creator Basic v9 with MyDVD Basic v9". I don't know if this software title corresponds in some way with "Media Creator", "Easy CD", or some other recognizable Roxio title. It came bundled with a new HP printer I bought, so I'm sure it's a cheap-o variety.

I’ve successfully “burned an image” to a brand new CD-R (using one of the copy tools that came with Creator 9), but I can’t get this CD-R to simply finalize! I go to Tools/Finalize Disc, it starts the finalization process, then kicks the CD-R out and gives me this error message: “Please insert an appendable data disk that is CD media or DVD write-once media.” This is not a music CD that I’m trying to finalize. It’s a firmware update for a Bluray disc player, and the instructions with the firmware say that it has to be a burned image to a CD-R (no data disk) and it must be finalized. Seems like it should be a simple matter to finalize, but it's not cooperating! Am I missing something?

SW

1 answer to this question

There should be 2 programs that you might have used – from the Home program, Data – Data Disc or Creator Classic. Both would automatically finalize a disc by default…

The fact that it kicks it out indicates it is finalized.

Still it is not uncommon for many of these internet "images" to be enough out of Standard that they don't work!

I never used it but several here have recommended ImageBurn.

Archived