• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating Dvd Booklet

gmbdl

Question

I am just learning how to make a DVD booklet cover. I can do everything except change the font on the text. When I click to change font in upper left - layout window, or when I go to text properties, a message comes up that it has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Do I need to reinstall the "label Creator" portion, or is this a problem with EMC 9 Deluxe?? If I need to reinstall, how do I just do the Label Creator portion??? Thank you again. MK

24 answers to this question

Thank you - I will wait for the "pit bull" and see if he responds. Thanks so much. MK

A few days back, I also sent a "ticket" to Roxio techs, stating my problem with the fonts. They just sent me a reply on upgarding to 9.1. But I seem to recall reading somewhere that 9.1 won't solve this problem. Does anyone know what features 9.1 has and if it is the solution? Don't want to upgrade if it isn't necessary. thanks. MK

MK,

Are you using Express Labeler from the Home menu, or Roxio Label Creator which is reached from stage 3 of Express Labeler [edit in Label Creator]or through Start > Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 > Tools? Both labeling applications are provided with EMC9 Deluxe.

Roxio Label Creator is working fine for me in EMC 9.0 Deluxe, and I seem to be able to change font in my DVD booklet without difficulty.

Is this what is not working for you?

post-208-1202874738.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Hi MK,

I've been trying hard, but I can't duplicate your problem with 9.0 so I haven't found a solution. :(

9.1 has no new features to speak of, but straightens up a few things that Vista doesn't like. One thing that Vista doesn't like for some people seems to be fonts in Label Creator, so it might have straightened up this problem - I don't know.

The downloads are around 650 to 690MB depending on the version, suite or deluxe. I feel that recommending the update to 9.1 is a bit like plastering a broken leg from hip to toe because we don't know where the fracture is however if the pain is getting too bad you might consider it worth trying, especially if it's going to let you use the leg.

I've found a number of topics on this problem, which you might find interesting, but I haven't read them thoroughly as I was trying to sort through about 300 topic 'hits' in the search engine. Most were "me too"s, and most involved Vista. Topic #21104 could be interesting as the poster said the problem depended on where he started Label Creator from.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23564

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=19643

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=30215

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=22599

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=17964

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=21104 <--

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=18881

I'll keep searching for information on this, but I'm not confident that I'll find anything new on the problem after this time, especially if Jim hasn't found a solution yet.

Best regards,

Brendon

Sadly, no…

I have been using the regular label maker, not the express. Tried it again this AM, but it still closes down the whole program. When I reapired EMC9, I only used the disc with the main program on it. Would it help to uninstall and reinstall the Content Disc??? Is this where the font's are stored? Thanks to all of you, seems everytime I try something new I hit a glitch. But I'm too stubborn and old to quit now. Mary Kay

Anything Roxio or Sonic must go! You have a program that doesn't work. It isn't working due to some conflict.

Not a time to be timid…

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I followed all directions, checking off steps as I proceeded. I then went back and reinstalled, tried to change font in Label Creator and the program stated it had to shut down. Even though this did not work, it was a great learning experience. Not sure what to do now, possible use a different program to create labels. It was fun though. Thanks. MK

ROTFL!

Thank you so much for doing all that research. I went back and read each entry, and it seems there are some glitches. I did try going to "add" at top of menu and tried to work around the problem, but everytime I tried to change the font, it crashed. I do have another program that creates labels, which I will use, Roxio just seemed simpler. Will keep watching to see if Roxio comes up with a fix for this problem. You guys are great. MK

No, the Content disc only contains Themes ect., nothing to do with fonts…

If it were my system, I would uninstall/reinstall using the Clean Install procedure: Here

Ok, before I start this process, I went under Uninstall just to see what Roxio and Sonic programs were listed. There is one called Sonic MYDVD VR - is this something that came with Roxio, or is it something that was on my computer when I got it, as I have not downloaded any program with Sonic. I do have Nero Express - not sure if that has anything to do with Sonic or not. Want to be extra sure before I do this and follow all steps correctly. Thanks. Mary Kay

Try going into Add/Remove Programs and selecting Roxio. You will have an option to Repair.

Give that a try.

Thank you, I did go in and do a repair, tried it again, but no luck. Every time I try to change the font, it says Lable Maker has stopped responding and it closes everything. Seriously thinking of upgrading to EMC 10 - are there any glitches that have not been worked out. Do you think my chances of everything working (especially audio with Dazzle) would be better? Can you have both EMC 9 and 10 on the computer at the same time?? Thanks for any advice - not sure what causes the problem with the font choice in label maker. Are those fonts on the original disc or content disc??? MK

Gmbdl:. After looking around this appears to be a bug in V9 that was not fixed. I apologize, I should have remembered that!

I have not heard of it being mentioned in EMC 10 and have never encountered it while changing font in EMC 10 but you might want to post under Sales Questions.

Upgrading to 9.1 won't help will it???? Or is there a "repair" for it yet? thanks, MK

Everyone was hoping that 9.1 would have fixed it, but since this problem doesn't happen to me in 9.0 or 9.1 I don't know if 9.1 "fixed it".

Your alternatives would seem to be (1) work around it with other software, or (2) try 9.1 and see if it helps you.

[a very frustrating situation]

Archived