Pioneer Bdr 202

vasbyt

Question

I have the BDR 202 and firmware 1.04. The drive does not recognize primera -RE BD discs. I wonder if this is a firmware issue? I have had lots of trouble with creating menus (black menus) and I wonder if the drive is to blame. How on earth does one update the firmware? No internet on y editing machine.

Thanks,

Mervin

2 answers to this question

When you say "does not recognize" from DVDit or Windows? I would recommend "build to volume" this way you can see if the files are correctly built. Check the Pioneer support site and you can see what the latest firmware version is, you can probably burn a cd and copy the firmware and upgrader to your "not connected" editing machine.

No it does not recognize that there is a BD-RE disc in the drive at all. To update the firmware one has to be in "real" DOS mode apparently. That's my next step.

Mervin

I have the BDR 202 and firmware 1.04. The drive does not recognize primera -RE BD discs. I wonder if this is a firmware issue? I have had lots of trouble with creating menus (black menus) and I wonder if the drive is to blame. How on earth does one update the firmware? No internet on y editing machine.

Thanks,

Mervin

When you say "does not recognize" from DVDit or Windows? I would recommend "build to volume" this way you can see if the files are correctly built. Check the Pioneer support site and you can see what the latest firmware version is, you can probably burn a cd and copy the firmware and upgrader to your "not connected" editing machine.

Archived