• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Flaky Buttons

Speedle

Question

I have been reading the boards for a problem similar to mine. I understand that a whole host of errors can be traced back to video card drivers because EMC uses the video card processor to render instead of the CPU's. Here is a new bug.

I am using MyDVD9 to create a DVD with menus and sub menus. I manually changed the color of the button text and the color of the schemes in the settings portion of the menu and the settings portion of the buttons. In the preview it highlights perfectly. I have no catastrophic errors in the rendering to an iso file and no errors in burning the DVD. The problem is this: When playing the burned DVD back on the computer, the buttons highlight and select as they should. When you play it on a home DVD player, the buttons do not highlight. They will select the proper submenu/movie if you can keep track of where you are in your head, but they do not highlight. Playback of the movies have no errors on any player. I have tried it on 2 different home DVD players with the same result. I have reburned the iso file a number of times double checking and changing the settings with the same result.

As far as my computer goes, I am running Windows XP Media Center on a laptop with 2G of memory, a 1.6 AMD 64x2 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 with 256mb ram. I first updated the drivers with NVIDIA, then fell back to updating the drivers via HP on NVIDIA's recommendation since laptop drivers have special things built in from the computer manufacturer.

After reinstalling the HP drivers, EMC reprofiled my video card. I opened everything up again, reburned the iso file and came up with the same result. At least the rendering bug is consistent.

Any help or advice? :huh:

Thanks!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived