• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Digitizing My Old Albums

meglmt

Question

i know that this software allows me to capture information from my stereo to my computer, but i'm not sure what cables i need to transfer the data to my laptop. I see no 1/4 inch inputs on the computer.

Also can i capture a video with this software as well?

4 answers to this question

I am not an Audio guy but your PC should have a Line In that with take a 1/8" stereo plug. Check the specs.

Your PC would have to have a Firewire (1394) card to accept Digital input, or some other video capture device for Analog input.

The software can take advantage of these devices but must have the Hardware or nothing will work.

i know that this software allows me to capture information from my stereo to my computer, but i'm not sure what cables i need to transfer the data to my laptop. I see no 1/4 inch inputs on the computer.

Also can i capture a video with this software as well?

Let's take one step at a time. What Roxio program do you have? Did it come with the laptop or did you buy it separately? The "free" program has limitations.

Since the laptop does not have audio input jacks, you must use the microphone input jack. CAUTION doing this may overload and cause problems with your sound chip. If you decide to try this, make sure the output from your stereo is turned down as low as possible and then increase it to get the correct level of sound. Since you said stereo, I assume that you have a phono output from that to plug into the laptop. Microphone jacks on laptops are mostly mono so don't expect good stereo sound.

Yes , you can capture video/audio with the program. What are you trying to capture the video from? From a VHS or analog camcorder, you will need an get an A/D converter. There are several devices that will do this; some are USB; others are Firewire. If you are capturing from a digital camcorder, just use the Firewire from the camera to your computer and use Media Import.

If you have a lot of LPs and a lot of VHS or analog tapes, I suggest that you invest in a good quality Firewire or USB device that will do stand alone audio and also audio/video. You should get the stereo sound using one of these devices.

Please put the specs of your laptop in your signature for more specific information. Go to My Controls at the top of the page and then to the left to edit signature.

Thanks...hmmm let me see

Well to start i have Easy Media Creator 9.

i bought it independently of my computer OEMs.

next. I have a dell inspiron 1550 laptop.

lastely i want to record some audio from my stereo and i have a dvr that i want to export the video from. It has all the output. red, white and yellow.

What type of devices are you referring to?

Thanks...hmmm let me see

Well to start i have Easy Media Creator 9.

i bought it independently of my computer OEMs.

next. I have a dell inspiron 1550 laptop.

lastely i want to record some audio from my stereo and i have a dvr that i want to export the video from. It has all the output. red, white and yellow.

What type of devices are you referring to?

Click each of the underlined phrases in sknis' post above. It will bring up the webpage of the device he was referring to.

Archived