marlinsinger

More News Bluray Vs Hd Dvd

Beginning in early March, retailer Best Buy will begin officially recommending Blu-ray as best choice for high definition movies to their customer base. Since the beginning of the format war, Best Buy has silently stood on the sidelines providing both the Blu-ray and HD DVD format for consumers to choose. Current sales data now shows that Blu-ray is their choice, and the retailer will soon carry the official stance that Blu-ray is best high definition format.

Brian Dunn, Best Buy's president and chief operating officer commented, "Consumers have told us that they want us to help lead the way. We've listened to our customers, and we are responding. Best Buy will recommend Blu-ray as the preferred format. Our decision to shine a spotlight on Blu-ray Disc players and other Blu-ray products is a strong signal to our customers that we believe Blu-ray is the right format choice for them.

Best Buy will continue to stock a reduced amount of HD DVD players and movies, but the reduction in stock combined with the unified voice to support Blu-ray brings up questions as to how long those stocks will continued to be resupplied.

Our decision to shine a spotlight on Blu-ray Disc players and other Blu-ray products is a strong signal to our customers that we believe Blu-ray is the right format choice for them.

That is nice of Best Buy, telling me the right format choice for me and the highest priced!

After HD is gone, Sony 'satan' should recoup some of the cash laid out for that support.

I just decided to like/shop Best Buy much less...

cd

I just emailed them saying the same thing. :) I prefer to make up my own mind. I noticed that all XBox 360 come with HD DVD players and most of the new, higher end HP computers also have HD DVD players. I think the consumer is getting a snow job from the Sony PR machine and HD DVD is more prevalent than they want us know.