• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can See And Hear Video But Cannot Capture

budven

Question

I am trying to capture analog video from my VCR through a Sony Digital player with A/V to DV passthrough. I can see the video and hear the audio but I cannot capture the video. I can capture from the Sony player itself but not from the VCR passing video through the player. Any ideals?

I can record from the VHS and then capture the video but it will not allow me to capture it when I use passthrough straight to the PC.

2 answers to this question

Still looking for help...

Can EMC9 capture video from a pc video capture card or just through a firewire connection? If you can use a pc video capture card any recommendations? I am trying to capture my old video's from a VCR to preserve the memories of our children. Also, any recommendations to get the best picture quality from those videos. I have not been completely happy with the video quality. I just invested in a new computer with a quad core processor and a large hard drive and now I am beginning the learning process of video capture and editing. It seems the video capture is a pretty easy process but the editing will be a little more time consuming. Thank for any help or advise!

Still looking for help...

Can EMC9 capture video from a pc video capture card or just through a firewire connection? If you can use a pc video capture card any recommendations? I am trying to capture my old video's from a VCR to preserve the memories of our children. Also, any recommendations to get the best picture quality from those videos. I have not been completely happy with the video quality. I just invested in a new computer with a quad core processor and a large hard drive and now I am beginning the learning process of video capture and editing. It seems the video capture is a pretty easy process but the editing will be a little more time consuming. Thank for any help or advise!

EMC 9 can capture through a firewire. It is the recommended way to go.

Archived