Noise Between Tracks On Mp3 Cds

trivia

Sometimes when I make MP3 CDs I get a sudden noise between each track when I play them back. The noise sounds sort of like a random half-second or so of the song. For a long time I thought that this was due to having ripped many of my CDs with a program that wasn't very good, because it only seemed to happen with files I made a long time ago.

Now, though, it's doing it with files that have worked in the past. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. Same files, burner, media, player. A CD I made with them before didn't have this glitch between each track and a new CD does. It doesn't seem to be a part of the file itself. I don't hear it when I play the file back in Windows Media Player, for example.

Any ideas? I'm using the latest version of Creator 6. Thanks.

Sometimes when I make MP3 CDs I get a sudden noise between each track when I play them back. The noise sounds sort of like a random half-second or so of the song. For a long time I thought that this was due to having ripped many of my CDs with a program that wasn't very good, because it only seemed to happen with files I made a long time ago.

Now, though, it's doing it with files that have worked in the past. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. Same files, burner, media, player. A CD I made with them before didn't have this glitch between each track and a new CD does. It doesn't seem to be a part of the file itself. I don't hear it when I play the file back in Windows Media Player, for example.

Any ideas? I'm using the latest version of Creator 6. Thanks.

One other question, are you actually making .MP3 discs? Or are you making Audio CDs from .MP3 files? If you look at the disc using Windows Explorer, if you see .MP3 files, then you've made an MP3 disc. If you see ".CDA" files then you've made an Audio CD. Some players don't like Audio CD's written in Track-At-Once mode, so try writing in Disc-At-Once mode, if that's the case.

I am indeed making CDs full of MP3 files, not audio CDs made out of MP3s.

As for media, all I can say is that I've been using the same media for quite a while without this problem. I don't remember exactly what brand it is, but I did look at the site for my burner (a Plextor) to be sure to get one they recommended. Still, it could be the problem.

It struck me at first as a software problem because disks that didn't have this problem before still work fine in my player (a car stereo) and the noise doesn't seem to be a part of the files themselves. Maybe, though, there is just a problem with my player or something. My hunch was that this would be a more common problem and that I was just doing something wrong, but it sounds like it isn't as common as I'd expected it to be.

trivia: Bear with us, got more questions…

Are you using Creator Classic?

Are you selecting MP3 disc for the Project?

Selecting Help – About, what is the full build number?

As far as media, cheap stuff can go bad while sitting on your desk… I had a 25 pack of DVD-R's that I used about 8 of. A year later I threw the rest out as none would complete a burn.

trivia: Bear with us, got more questions…

Are you using Creator Classic?

Are you selecting MP3 disc for the Project?

Selecting Help – About, what is the full build number?

As far as media, cheap stuff can go bad while sitting on your desk… I had a 25 pack of DVD-R's that I used about 8 of. A year later I threw the rest out as none would complete a burn.

As long as folks keep offering help, I'm happy to "bear with you". :)

I am using Creator Classic. I am choosing MP3 disk for the project. I can't give you the build number right now because I'm away from my computer, but I can say I applied the most recent patch I could find about a month or so ago, just after I started noticing this problem with files that hadn't been displaying the problem before.

My CD-Rs are probably a couple years old. I think they are a decent brand, but I can't remember specifically which. Again, I can check that when I get home.

Thanks very much for your help.

Archived