• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Have Roxio 9 Deluxe - Helping Build Computer With De Or Xe

BJBBJB

Question

I have a full version of Roxio 9 Deluxe. Battled installing it and have it working on my XP system.

I am helping someone do a clean Vista install on a computer and he has 2 copies of Roxio. One received with his computer (Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE) and one I believe with a burner: Roxio Creator 9.1 XE.

I have searched for forum and I am well aware that a) these versions have less functionality and B) most users here have the full version.

But as someone that has the full version, if someone can help me understand what is left out of each of these versions that would be most helpful. Even more helpful would be the difference between the DE and XE versions from a module standpoint. I am just trying to help them get the best intall they can. It also appears that perhaps the version 9.1 XE might play nicer with Vista? I have read that some have had issues installing 9.0 DE on Vista.

Thanks in advance,

BJBBJB

1 answer to this question

I have a full version of Roxio 9 Deluxe. Battled installing it and have it working on my XP system.

I am helping someone do a clean Vista install on a computer and he has 2 copies of Roxio. One received with his computer (Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE) and one I believe with a burner: Roxio Creator 9.1 XE.

I have searched for forum and I am well aware that a) these versions have less functionality and B) most users here have the full version.

But as someone that has the full version, if someone can help me understand what is left out of each of these versions that would be most helpful. Even more helpful would be the difference between the DE and XE versions from a module standpoint. I am just trying to help them get the best intall they can. It also appears that perhaps the version 9.1 XE might play nicer with Vista? I have read that some have had issues installing 9.0 DE on Vista.

Thanks in advance,

BJBBJB

My DVD 9.0 DE (Dell edition) will not have any audio functionality. It will not have Video Wave but will have a video editing program in My DVD. Creator XE may be similar to the Dell programs he has. Only people who have those versions can be more definitive on what is included.

If version numbers are constant, then the 9.1 is more Vista ready than the 9.0 but people have run 9.0 on Vista computers without any problems.

I recently got an HP laptop and what I got was My DVD, Media Import, MyDVD lite and not much else except a program called Movee.

Why don't you talk him (her) into buying the full EMC 9.1 or 10 ? EMC 10 especially if he (she) has some mobile devices (phone, IPod or other mp3 player)

Last price I saw was very reasonable.

Archived