• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unspecified Error 80004005 With Copy & Convert

kukitron

Question

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron with an ATI 2400 Pro video card (Vista home premium 32 bits, 3 Gig ram). I purchased Easy Media Creator 10 with the idea of compiling home videos and including its menus (menus have the video date)

I used Roxio Copy and Convert to create the compilation and I continue having the 80004005 error. I just received this new computer and the software (after trying with my old computer and trial 9 without luck)

I got the most recent drivers and DirectX downloaded and installed. I tried to select Software instead of hardware for render method,

Out of nowhere, the software did compile and create a dvd folder and image for a couple times, and then stopped working. Any ideas?? I am very frustated and disapointed, I was assuming that my old computer was the problem and I did not bother installing the old trial version to see if it works with my new computer

Thanks

8 answers to this question

Could you be a little more specific, please?

Did you use Copy and Convert to make a disk image file and then try to burn it to a DVD or did you just try to burn the DVD?

If you could give us a step by step and tell us exactly when it stopped working, we might be able to help.

Hi,

I started Copy and Convert and selected Compilation,

Then, I selected my files and settings, as well as my menu

I choose to save as a video folder, as an image or burning a DVD and non of the avaialble options even start, as soon as the progress bar is displayed, a pop up window showing "Unspecidied Error 80004005" is displayed.

I tried following the instructions made by Roxio in regards to this error, updated my drivers, updated my directx drivers and change the render from hardware to software

After that, I got it to work for 2 times, and then it did not work again.

The same happened with my old computer when I tried to create the folder, iso file or burning the dvd. Except that in my older computer, I never got it to work even once

Thanks

Video Card:

ATI Radeon 2400 Pro

This is unbeliieveble,

I tried with a third computer, a year old laptop, latitude D620 with Windows XP and it seemed to work......but now I tried again and guess what? I am having the same stupid error.

This software is a piece of cr...p. I can't beleive it has not work with any of my 3 computers, which by the way , all of them have more resources that what Roxio ask for as requirements.

It is very frustating to see how I sent 100 to the drain, make your self a favor and do not buy this software. How can they sell a software as bad as this one,

This is unbeliieveble,

I tried with a third computer, a year old laptop, latitude D620 with Windows XP and it seemed to work......but now I tried again and guess what? I am having the same stupid error.

This software is a piece of cr...p. I can't beleive it has not work with any of my 3 computers, which by the way , all of them have more resources that what Roxio ask for as requirements.

It is very frustating to see how I sent 100 to the drain, make your self a favor and do not buy this software. How can they sell a software as bad as this one,

The minimum requirements, listed by Roxio, are a complete joke. Those minimum requirements are enough to get your computer to boot up, and that's about it.

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron with an ATI 2400 Pro video card (Vista home premium 32 bits, 3 Gig ram). I purchased Easy Media Creator 10 with the idea of compiling home videos and including its menus (menus have the video date)

I used Roxio Copy and Convert to create the compilation and I continue having the 80004005 error. I just received this new computer and the software (after trying with my old computer and trial 9 without luck)

I got the most recent drivers and DirectX downloaded and installed. I tried to select Software instead of hardware for render method,

Out of nowhere, the software did compile and create a dvd folder and image for a couple times, and then stopped working. Any ideas?? I am very frustated and disapointed, I was assuming that my old computer was the problem and I did not bother installing the old trial version to see if it works with my new computer

Thanks

Could you be a little more specific, please?

Did you use Copy and Convert to make a disk image file and then try to burn it to a DVD or did you just try to burn the DVD?

If you could give us a step by step and tell us exactly when it stopped working, we might be able to help.

The minimum requirements, listed by Roxio, are a complete joke. Those minimum requirements are enough to get your computer to boot up, and that's about it.

Does no one have an answer? I have the same problem with EMC10 and have followed all directions about updating the video drivers and changing rendering to software all with the same results. If this is Roxio's support, well . . .

Does no one have an answer? I have the same problem with EMC10 and have followed all directions about updating the video drivers and changing rendering to software all with the same results. If this is Roxio's support, well . . .

This is a users forum, not Roxio tech support. If you want to contact them, click on the icon in the upper right corner of your screen.

List you computer specs, similar to how I have mine listed in my signature.

Archived