• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Confused...which Dvd Program To Use...help!

momoftwins

Question

I am VERY new and such a stinkin rookie on EMC10! I find the "instruction" manuel to be less than instructive...please help!

I want to make a dvd of my babies first year for their birthday. I have photos, video (camcorder), and video from my camera (avi format i think). I want to add music but also be able to hear the native track of us talking sometimes. Which program should I use to create a dvd like this? I have created slideshows with photo before and figured out the basics, but I know this is going to be more difficult. Any suggestions from the experienced folks using this program?

I also want to know if EMC10 has any cool motion dvd menus and how can I view them before I start a project? I want the kind similar to what imovie uses. I don't seem to be searching the right places or the right way in google or EMC. Anyone know what I mean? My friend made me a really cool dvd when my babies were born (on imovie) and it had the neatest motion menu of a baby mobile with our photos in them. It was turing around when the music was playing...very sophisticated and neat! Please tell me there is something like that in EMC! Or somewhere I can buy/download something to add to EMC to do this...

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Amber

4 answers to this question

Simple thing to remember:

Videowave is for editing - this is where you put your slideshows and video together. Add transitions, effects and background audio.

MyDVD is where you create the DVD menus and put everything together to burn to a disc , disc image or video folder.

--

Yes, MyDVD has some nice motion menus and you can create your own by importing your video for a custom background. Total of 72 different menu styles. Some have motion and some don't. You can also mix 'n match the backgrounds with any of the button styles, too.

There is a 'preview' button for the menu to make sure the buttons navigate correctly, etc.

Thank you guys! You are more help than you will ever know! I will be sure to update you and I KNOW I will have more questions. I did play around in videowave and then went to Mydvd and found all the menus and then found how to make them motion. Still not as cool as imovie, but pretty cool. I want to have this done by april so I have to get going on it! Is there a EMC for dummies book around? Seriously...you really have to have somewhat of an idea how all this works to use it!

I'll be in touch!

Amber

There is a ton of good information in the Tips and Tricks area of EMC 9 and EMC 10. You may want to use that as the "dummies" book since a lot of the posts are really basic information that may be simpler than what Roxio provides.

I am VERY new and such a stinkin rookie on EMC10! I find the "instruction" manuel to be less than instructive...please help!

I want to make a dvd of my babies first year for their birthday. I have photos, video (camcorder), and video from my camera (avi format i think). I want to add music but also be able to hear the native track of us talking sometimes. Which program should I use to create a dvd like this? I have created slideshows with photo before and figured out the basics, but I know this is going to be more difficult. Any suggestions from the experienced folks using this program?

I also want to know if EMC10 has any cool motion dvd menus and how can I view them before I start a project? I want the kind similar to what imovie uses. I don't seem to be searching the right places or the right way in google or EMC. Anyone know what I mean? My friend made me a really cool dvd when my babies were born (on imovie) and it had the neatest motion menu of a baby mobile with our photos in them. It was turing around when the music was playing...very sophisticated and neat! Please tell me there is something like that in EMC! Or somewhere I can buy/download something to add to EMC to do this...

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Amber

In VideoWave, add your movies and photos in the order that you want them. Add whatever transitions that you want, between photos and between movie clips. Now, click on the Timline tab. You will notice a Music track below your video track. Add whatever music track that you want, on that music track. To do this, click on View, then click on Media Selector. When Media Selector opens, go right back to the View tab, and click on Dock Media Selector. You will now have the Media Selector showing, every time that you open VideoWave. I do the same thing with Effect Selector.

Ok, now in Media Selector, browse to the music track that you want, and drag it down to the Music track to wherever you want it in Timeline. Now, click the play button at the bottom of the Preview screen. You will probably notice that the music you added is too loud, so click the pause button.

Now, double click on the Music Track in Timeline. A screen will open up, and you will see an Overall volume slider. Slide it to the left a little, then preview the sound. When you think you are close to the volume you want it to be, click OK. Now, click the play button again, and see if the music is low enough to hear, and not so high that it drowns out the native track audio. You will have to play around with the music track volume until you get it the way that you want it.

There is no doubt that you will have more questions, so drop back in here, and let us know how your production is going.

Thank you guys! You are more help than you will ever know! I will be sure to update you and I KNOW I will have more questions. I did play around in videowave and then went to Mydvd and found all the menus and then found how to make them motion. Still not as cool as imovie, but pretty cool. I want to have this done by april so I have to get going on it! Is there a EMC for dummies book around? Seriously...you really have to have somewhat of an idea how all this works to use it!

I'll be in touch!

Amber

Archived