• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Chapter Markers Dvd To Ipod

djdavedawson

Question

Hello,

I am converting a video_ts folder to ipod. When I do this, the chapter markers are not correct. It seems to put the chapter breaks every 3 minutes rather than at the correct parts of the video.

How do I get the chapter markers to be the same as the original?

Also, Is there a way to name the chapter markers; for example, prelude, ceremony, reception, rather than chapter 1, chapter 2, etc. ?

Thank you

1 answer to this question

You cannot get the chapter markers to transfer. However, you can extract each chapter as its own video file and play them in sequence. That way each chapter can have its own name. The way to do the is to place your VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop. Select DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser (it is a separate window from the main Toast window). When a name appears in the browser window click on the button beneath the DVD button. In the list that appears you will see each video title that is on the DVD. Select the title you want and you should see in the browser window each chapter that's in that DVD. Drag all the chapters you want to the Video window with DVD video selected as the format. Toast will extract individual MPEG 2 files of each chapter. You now can name those in the Video window and export them as individual movies to your iPod. You can do this as a batch by selecting them all before clicking the Export button.

Archived