Is It Possible?

Pianatuna

Question

Hello,

As of October of 2007 I switched to MAC. I have a MacBook Pro with 4 gig ram. I purchased Toast 8 Titanium & Popcorn 3 download earlier today. I was expecting to find something similar to Videowave for editing video clips ( I have EMC 9 on my Windows PC) but for the life of me cannot find any kind of video editor within Toast or Popcorn. When I ordered this over the phone I told the salesman what I wanted to do and that I liked Videowave. He told me that I could edit and import all kinds of video files into Popcorn. Apparently he misunderstood what I meant by "edit". Hopefully I am just missing something. I do have iMovie 8 and Quick Time Pro 7.4.1 but neither has a Timeline editor.

If anyone can help or recommend something for video editing on a Mac that is not too expensive (or even free) I would be very grateful.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Toast and Popcorn don't edit. If all you need is the cut and trim pieces from different video formats including MPEG 2 then get MPEG Streamclip which is free. You'll need Apple's Quicktime MPEG 2 Playback Component which is a $20 download from the Apple Store.

You also are entitled to get iMovie HD as a free download from Apple because you have the new iMovie. The previous iMovie is very different and it may serve you to be familiar with both.

Toast and Popcorn don't edit. If all you need is the cut and trim pieces from different video formats including MPEG 2 then get MPEG Streamclip which is free. You'll need Apple's Quicktime MPEG 2 Playback Component which is a $20 download from the Apple Store.

You also are entitled to get iMovie HD as a free download from Apple because you have the new iMovie. The previous iMovie is very different and it may serve you to be familiar with both.

Thanks! I had to hunt around for it but I did find it.

BTW, wouldn't the $20.00 mpeg playback codec be included with Quick Time Pro 7 which I already have?

Archived