• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
theebear

Copy Or Drag From Media Manager Search Pane ?

Question

I have been trying to copy a photo (for doing a paste somewhere else) or drag a photo from the Media Manager Search Pane, to the desktop, without success. Is this possible and if so what am I doing wrong?

8 answers to this question

I have been trying to copy a photo (for doing a paste somewhere else) or drag a photo from the Media Manager Search Pane, to the desktop, without success. Is this possible and if so what am I doing wrong?

Instead of using Media Manager, why don't you just browse for the photo in My Computer?

I also wasn't able to copy to my desktop but could copy fine to any other folder. Now that's odd?

Ok guys,not sure if I've got this right but I'm pretty sure I can do both.I can go to Media Manager,find a pic and left click and drag it onto my desktop.I can also right click,the menu comes up,click copy,go to my desktop,right click and hit paste.Pic is moved from where is was to my desktop.Only thing I can't do is right click,hold,drag to my desktop,let go and move it that way.That's because the menu comes up in MM when I right click.So looks like I can do either.

I agree with Bruce,if all we're trying to accomplish is moving a file around,the easiest way is using Windows Explorer.

Ok guys,not sure if I've got this right but I'm pretty sure I can do both.I can go to Media Manager,find a pic and left click and drag it onto my desktop.I can also right click,the menu comes up,click copy,go to my desktop,right click and hit paste.Pic is moved from where is was to my desktop.Only thing I can't do is right click,hold,drag to my desktop,let go and move it that way.That's because the menu comes up in MM when I right click.So looks like I can do either.

I agree with Bruce,if all we're trying to accomplish is moving a file around,the easiest way is using Windows Explorer.

I agree too and have never even tried what the OP has problems with until I tried to recreate his problem. I'm not an avid user of Media Manager but still am curious as to why it works for some but not others.

That one I can't answer.I'm like you,I never use it.Just thought I'd try and see what my results were.