• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

huskertko1

Cd Key Not Valid

Question

I just bought a new Dell XPS laptop and was going to install EMC 9 on it since it my desktop desn't have the muscle to run it. SO i go through the install process, and get to the point of typing in the CD key. I type it exactly as it is on the label, click next, and get a message that the CD key is invalid please re-enter it.

I bought the software a year ago, and have installed and unistalled it on my desktop a couple times due to computer problems, and never had an issue the the CD key before. Any suggestions>

The new computer is Visat HP.

6 answers to this question

I just bought a new Dell XPS laptop and was going to install EMC 9 on it since it my desktop desn't have the muscle to run it. SO i go through the install process, and get to the point of typing in the CD key. I type it exactly as it is on the label, click next, and get a message that the CD key is invalid please re-enter it.

I bought the software a year ago, and have installed and unistalled it on my desktop a couple times due to computer problems, and never had an issue the the CD key before. Any suggestions>

The new computer is Visat HP.

See if this helps you http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000...R?set-locale=en

I tried to download the Zip file, but my virus protection quarantined it as a Trojan.

Your virus software is in error, turn it OFF!

Your virus software is in error, turn it OFF!

I did and now it installed fine, one other thing, do i need to download the 9.1 patch for vista or not?

I'm having the same problem and yet everything I've tried hasn't helped. I ran into the MPEG-2 activation problem with the bad install message and had to run the clean install. It seemed to work well, and yet when I went to install it again, the CD Key that I've been using for well over a year came back as not valid. I've tried it several times, restarted, even followed the ZIP file fix, but nothing has helped. The application wouldn't extract or activate. Has anyone else run into this problem or have any suggestion? I'm at a loss.

EDIT: I actually managed to fix this problem by trying over and over again. I'm not sure exactly what ended up fixing it, but if I had to guess I'd say that I needed to have my VirusScan disabled while utilizing the ZIP file fix. I'm not entirely sure why it wouldn't work with the VirusScanner, as I didn't recieve any sort of message, but that's my guess as to what ended up working.

Edited by FluteMusic88