• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Cd/cvd Drivers

Tucker

Question

:unsure: I recently had the pleasure of having to "repair" my Windows XP system. Before I did, I uninstalled several programs, including the Roxio EMC 9 Suite. After the repair, I did a "clean install" of the EMC 9 Suite. When I started EMC, the home site indicated it could no longer locate my CD/DVD drives, so there was no capability to burn anything.

The registry entry for the "LowerFilters" included an entry for my Studio 9 driver, and a single Roxio driver, drvmcdb. The "LowerFilters.bak" entry included drvmcdb AND PxHelp20. A laptop system I use for backup had a "LowerFilters" entry that included drvmcdb and PsHelp20. I have added the PxHelp20 entry to the "LowerFilters" entry. Now EMC9 recognizes the CD/DVD drives and can burn discs.

However, D2D ( I know, I know...but I still find it useful from time to time) is another story. There seems to be a driver, dlacdbhm, which when added to the "LowerFilters" entry makes D2D a little more reliable.

SO MY QUESTION IS, "Does anyone know what the correct set of CD/DVD drivers (for internal IDE drives) is that EMC9 is supposed to install?"

I believe I have some other system problems getting D2D to work properly (ran the Pxengine3 fix, but it hasn't helped so far), but until I get the right driver files installed it seems futile to pursue. And why EMC9 isn't installed all the driver files on a "clean install" is another question.

To be complete, there are also 4 drivers that windows loads, cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, redbook.sys, and storprop.dll. These are listed in the drivers list of the properties for the CD/DVD drive.

Thanks for an help you can provide.

5 answers to this question

Tried your suggestion Jim, but no luck. Still no UpperFilters or LowerFilters entries after uninstalling the CD/DVD drives and rebooting. Don't know why the EMC9 install is failing to update the entries during the install process, with no AntiVirus active.

So I added a LowerFilter entry with PxHelp20 and drvmcdb and that seems to fix the problem for "No Drives Detected" when opening EMC Home. The question remains, is that all that is required? Should there normally be an entry for UpperFilters or other drivers in the LowerFilters entry, or other registry entries????

Ive tried clean install for EMC several times but it's just not working.

Can any one provide a screen shot of regedit showing the correct Upper and Lower filter entries?

Thanks

Tried your suggestion Jim, but no luck. Still no UpperFilters or LowerFilters entries after uninstalling the CD/DVD drives and rebooting. Don't know why the EMC9 install is failing to update the entries during the install process, with no AntiVirus active.

So I added a LowerFilter entry with PxHelp20 and drvmcdb and that seems to fix the problem for "No Drives Detected" when opening EMC Home. The question remains, is that all that is required? Should there normally be an entry for UpperFilters or other drivers in the LowerFilters entry, or other registry entries????

Ive tried clean install for EMC several times but it's just not working.

Can any one provide a screen shot of regedit showing the correct Upper and Lower filter entries?

Thanks

Here's the URL for Microsoft, explaining what to get rid of:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...US;q314060&

I deleted the CD drives and the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry entries and rebooted. When I checked the properties entry for the CD drives, the 4 microsoft drivers are present, but no Roxio drivers. I followed the Microsoft KB instructions outlined by Grandpabruce. The only way I can get the Roxio drivers to load is to manually add them to the registry.

The question remains, do I have all of them, and why doesn't the Roxio install add them automatically? There must be some other registry key or module usage count that the install script is checking and deciding that the changes to the Filters entries are not needed????

Puzzled.

Archived